Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not honoring the plan quote in the chat transcript
Mytyty1

I was given a quote in chat wherein my new bill would be @ $155.  It was to high and when i said i was leaving, she came back and said "Your bill would actually be $120.  I apologize, I didnt see that you auto pay with the verizon card.  You get an additional discount and being a loyal customer so your new bill would actually be about $121.00 total including taxes and add ons."  I literally repeated it line by line including all of the extra things that are in the bills and she said "Yes, that would be the total of my new bill AFTER all of the taxes and add ons".  I agreed to it and was very happy knowing the my bill was now going to be lower then my original bill.  I was so excited. I have been with them for about 20 years and thought this was the best day ever until i asked for the transcript to be emailed and she asked said absolutely and asked for my email.  She seemed so nice.  I told her I had trust issues so before I agreed I was just trying to make sure I understood everything.  She said she totally understands.  My friend was a witness because she was there while I was chatting and I showed her the chat where in they ultimately gave me such a deal it was $2 cheaper then my original place before the price increase.  

When I went to my email.  The transcript was not there, and the new bill is actually higher then my original bill.  When I chatted again, no one had any recollection of a previous chat.  So i called Verizon and the agent said they could see the messages but only up to the part where she quoted me the original $155 price.  I freaked out and said that wasn't true and they treated me like i was lieing.  This is the most horrible experience I have ever had and i cannot believe it is flat out fraud that they are committing.  I am posting my experience every where I can in warning people.  Beware of having the same thing happen to you.  Has anyone else had this happen?  I am reading about this exact situation in other forums and online.  I wish I would have seen this before I chatted.  I have never had this happen to me in the past.  After 20 years ......wow!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Not honoring the plan quote in the chat transcript
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Mytyty1, we see that our assistance may be needed here. Would you like for us to take another look at your billing concerns? -Nicci

0 Likes
Mytyty1

Yes please

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Mytyty1, making sure your monthly bill is correct is important. We are here to help. Please send us a Private Message so that we are able to review the details. 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
Mauilucy

I had the same experience with on-line chat.  Learned my lesson and took screen shots of the promises regarding a promo I was supposed to receive with my internet order.  Of course, the promo was not sent.  I called and told them I had actual proof.  They worked very hard to fulfill the promise

0 Likes