Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not using any data during COVID-19 crisis
momofrachel

Verizon really is taking advantage of the crisis to its shame. Being locked down at home by the COVID-19 crisis, I am using only my home wifi, not one byte of Verizon's data.  Yet under the "small data" plan of 2G, I am being charged for data.  Verizon even has gall to suggest I upgrade to more data because once in the past I did exceed 2GB. Why can't I change to a smaller amount of data or none at all until the crisis is over? 2GB seems to be the least amount you can have.

0 Likes
Re: Not using any data during COVID-19 crisis
Ann154
Expert
Expert

All smartphone require a data plan even if you don't use much of it. 

For example, I have a similar situation, but I'm paying for an unlimited plan. I'm not complaining about having to pay for something I'm not using near as much as I was prior to the current situation. Would I like to have lower bill, sure, but I have no interest changing my plan at this time. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm sorry you feel this way momofrachel. All smartphones and wireless devices have to be on a data plan for any usage on that device. 2gb is our smallest plan. We don't offer no data plans on data related devices but you can temporarily suspend your line during this time you don't need access to our network. Here is a link below with suspension option. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/suspend-service-faqs/

Do you have any other questions? 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
momofrachel

You may be ok with being forced to pay for something you don't use. I am not. When millions of people are facing a major economic crisis, greed should not be allowed to do this.

0 Likes
momofrachel

Your solution is unacceptable.  In these times of great stress for families everywhere giving up voice service is not viable.  I urge you to pass the message on to management that the lack of flexibility at this time is likely to be seen as nothing more than taking advantage of the corona crisis.  Kind regards.

0 Likes