Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Occassional text messages not coming through
phonesaretheworst5

Some text messages do no make it to my phone.  I have not been able to find any pattern to why it happens.  It has happened when messages are sent from both iOS and Android phones.  

I have a Pixel 3.  I have used multiple text messaging apps and now use the Google Messages app.  I have updated the Android version.  It still happens.

*IMPORTANT* My verizon phone bill DOES NOT show the messages that didn't show up on my phone.  I suspect this means its a network issue?

The only thing I found is that once I sent a message at the same time I was receiving a message from someone else.  My message going out made it, but the incoming message to me did not show up on the phone or my bill.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Verizon technical support has been super unhelpful. 

0 Likes
Re: Occassional text messages not coming through
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

phonesaretheworst5, we always want you to be able to receive texts, so we're right here to help! We appreciate the details & the troubleshooting that you've done on your own. Does your phone have the most updated software on it? To check, please go to Settings -- System -- System Update -- Check for Update. Does this happen when you are connected to Wi-Fi or when you connected to our network? Do you see this happening when in one specific location or everywhere you go? -Alicia

0 Likes
phonesaretheworst5

The System is up to date and I've gone through the trouble shooting with a Tier 2 tech agent.

We isolated one use case that seems to have problems consistently.  

1. Turn off the phone.  

2. Send it several text messages 1 minute apart

3. Usually at least one message will not make it through, sometimes half the messages will not show up. 

Trouble shooting

1. I've replaced the SIM card and the problem persists.

If you have any ideas about what could be causing this I would appreciate it.  The next option I'm trying to test is trying the SIM card on a different phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

phonesaretheworst5, thanks for those details. I know how important the messaging feature is to you. No worries, I am more than happy to help in any way possible. When did this start? Is this happening with a particular contact, or multiple?-Dia

0 Likes