Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
October 2019 Port in Promotion is Garbage
scm283

I just want to say how thoroughly disgusted I am with the advertised promotion for porting in my phone numbers from another carrier.  I have been told since October 27, 2019 that I would reviece two gift cards (Visa or Mastercard) worth $200 each within 30 to 60 days.  December 10, 2019 I had a chat with a representative who assured me that they were going to be mailed out after the 8 week marker of being a Verizon Wireless customer.  December 27, 2019 was that mailing date.  Two weeks after that I called, January  10, 2020, because I had not yet recieved said gift cards.  I was told that it would take 3-5 Business days to resolve.  Monday, January 13, 2020, I open an online chat again in order to find out what is going on with said escalation department.  This time I was given a reference number for the escalation.  Now, today, after being 5 Business days from Friday and 3 from Monday, come to find out, no one has done a thing.  So now I am stuck waiting for a $400 credit to my account.  I have been put in a situation in my life where I actually need the gift cards, but now I'm stuck accepting a $400 credit because I am told only TODAY that I had only 30 days to fill out some stupid online rebate form that NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT!  I am utterly disgusted with how this whole situation has been handled.  It's now that I cannot even recieve my gift cards because store employees cannot divulge said information about the rebate form or several people from Verizon Customer Service cannot tell me it's too late for them to do anything about it?  Next promotion from another carrier like this one and I think I might take it and go.

0 Likes
Re: October 2019 Port in Promotion is Garbage
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Your information for the rebate was published online. We customers had to fill out the rebate form in order to get in the queue and receive that rebate. Yes you had only 30 days to apply.   As always, it pays to read the deals and offers.

0 Likes
scm283

Per usual, people don't actually read everything before they reply with a smart-@ss response.  Yes, I understand that you typically have to read everything.  I did read EVERYTHING involving this offer, listened to the store salesman tell me that I was all set, had a fool a month later tell me the same thing.  Per usual, another person has to insert a stupid comment before reading what I said.  There's no need to justify myself to, but since you want to be a smart-@ss, I have no issue with telling you to find someone else to troll.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

While the deals for BYOD have varied, the information is clear how to qualify and redeem.   BYOD offer 

There is no current offer that included a rebate with online port in and purchase, so I can't provide a link so you can see, but the information on how to redeem was included.  

0 Likes
scm283

Ok. Now I'm sure you don't know how to read.  Until you actually read what the situation is I'm dealing with, please go away.  I was much nicer yesterday about your trolling comments.  Today I'm not going to be so restrained.  So if you are not able to fix my problem with the actual details I set forth within the original post, go away.  This post is here to get an actual Verizon wireless upper ranked employee to get the actual problem dealt with.  Since I have gotten nowhere with regular employees I am forced to make this public.  So if you want to fix the actual problem, more power to you.  The promotion I got did not involve anything about anything that stated I had to fill out a form for the rebate.  It is in there system that I do (did, rather) QUALIFY FOR THE GIFT CARDS.  THE PROBLEM IS THAT blockheads LIKE YOU MADE NO ATTEMPT TO GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION ABOUT IT HAVING TO BE APPLIED FOR VIA AN ONLINE REBATE FORM. So please shut up until you actually get a clue as to what the heck you are talking about.  Get a life and let someone from Verizon do their job.

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

You posting your comments on a community forum. That means anyone has the right to post as long as they can follow the community guidelines. Unfortunately you cannot. This is the second incredibly rude post.

0 Likes
scm283

Yes, this is a community forum and I'm sure I'm not the only one who got the shortest straw out of the deal which was the initial post.  What is extremely rude is posting comments about which have nothing to do with the issue at hand.  You don't like people being rude to you, then how about actually contributing to the actual post rather than posting nonsense that shows that you haven't even read the initial post.  So, yes, please let's talk about someone being rude, but look in the mirror first.  You agitate someone who is trying to get a proper response from Verizon wireless employees who work in and through this website and think it's not going to be a problem?  Yes, rude indeed. You.  So how about you start showing respect when you respond to someone's post and you might find it somewhat gratifying knowing that you are helping and not trolling.  It might actually help you to feel better about yourself and not want to be a troll.

0 Likes
NewOldcustomer

If the answer isnt helpful, ignore it.   But you're pretty rude for a peer to peer forum, yet expect help?   Verizon is slacking, posts like yours use to disappear.

Community terms of use 
community Guide 

0 Likes
scm283

Tell you what; since we are talking about rude, let's go all the way back to where the first response started this firestorm: "As always, it pays to read the deals and offers." That's extremely rude, indeed.  Yet, because I gave it right back, in full, I'm the rude one?  If the initial post was actually read in the first place, then it would have illuminated the fact that I laid out all my sources of information and would not warrant such a rude response.  If we're being honest, I owe you nothing, especially that justification.  Was I rude? You bet. But when someone is trolling with such comments that isn't remotely an "answer," but someone else who is rude and has such thin skin that when they pick a fight, they cannot handle it when they get it back, I cannot help them.  Last I checked, that's the start of the breach of the terms of use.  One last thing; if this individual was actually trying to be helpful, the next response would have been a clarification of that and not even more "helpful answers" that had nothing to do with the initial post.  Therefore, if Verizon was doing their jobs, that would be the starting point of removing the rude comments. "As always, it pays to read the deals and offers" is distastefully rude, as if I haven't read everything I was given. Typically, I'm not rude, but extremely polite, even when I'm angry with an individual. But insulting my intelligence with a smart@ss comment as that and posting information that shows that the initial post wasn't even read, removes restraints and I give it right back.  So if you're going to defend a troll, more power to you.  But remember, I didn't start this.

0 Likes
NewOldcustomer

So just rude to everyone.  Got it.  I'm not the pink panther.  🤦‍♀️

0 Likes