Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Old Bill Collection...Verizon BREACHED agreement
beautifulface005

I am a current customer after having left then come back recently . When I left in 2019 , my final bill went to the collection company but I paid it. Prior to making a payment, I was told the item would be removed if I made a payment. However, after 3 rounds of disputes with the credit bureaus the account remains on my reports. I just called Recovery Department at 800 852 1922 and spoke with Melissa then her supervisor Cailtlyn who aside from being unprofessional and rude told me DESPITE being told the account would be removed back in 2019, it will remain on my report!  Not only is this ridiculous because I was never late in 3 years with Verizon this was my final bill and an oversight that I didn't pay it. Additionally, I am a current customer with Verizon and still continue to maintain an account with excellent payment history. To penalize my credit and not honor the agreement made when I made the payment is upsetting and down right unethical for Verizon to do! I want this account removed as agreeed or I will leave again for good and seek legal options for breach of agreement. Someone from Verizon leadership please contact me with a solution. 

0 Likes
Re: Old Bill Collection...Verizon BREACHED agreement
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand how an old account on your credit can cause some concern beautifulface005 and want to ensure you receive the assistance you need. You mentioned the bill went to a collection company, and the payment was made to them. Have you reached out to the collection agency about the account still being on your credit?

0 Likes
beautifulface005

Yes. They removed it from my report. Verizon is the one still punishing me. How disgusting Verizon is!

0 Likes
NewOldcustomer

Is it appear as paid off on your credit report?  Or outstanding?  (Not paid). 
If it is appearing as not paid even though you have paid it off, you can dispute with Verizon and with the credit bureau directly.

if it appears as a zero balance because you paid the debt, it’s still remains on your credit report for several years. You can appeal with Verizon and ask them to have the item removed. They may not.

I warn people all the time not to mess around with TV, Internet, cellular providers and to make sure you pay off the bill, even if you have to dispute all the way to small claims court after the fact. It is not worth the damage to your credit rating to mess with them.   Lenders,m mortgage providers and landlords weigh defaulted cell and TV services very heavily.  

0 Likes