Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Old Prepaid Plan - Large Balance - Options
marketis

I have two accounts on Verizon currently.  A very old prepaid plan that I guess is grandfathered in - the $1.99 or whatever it was that covers a days worth of calling. Over the years adding to it to keep it active it's grown to a $700 balance. Obviously I don't make a lot of calls. LOL

I have a second more recent account I opened for my mother - transferred her old home phone number to a cell because her landline bill was crazy high and she also had a cell phone and it made no sense. She's happier with the new setup since she just needs one number and people can get her wherever she is. 

Now the thing I wondered is if there's any way to combine these accounts *and* retain that balance. I'll never use it on my own in a month of Sundays. Not concerned with keeping the old grandfathered plan. Just wondering what options there are for either putting both numbers under a prepaid or postpaid plan together. And obviously the only benefit is if I can use that balance on the combined plan.

Thanks for any information!

0 Likes
Re: Old Prepaid Plan - Large Balance - Options
marketis

I don't know if it matters, but just FYI, the newer plan is postpaid, so they are not currently the same type of account. 

0 Likes
Re: Old Prepaid Plan - Large Balance - Options
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's look at your options to combine these accounts, marketis. You can certainly migrate the Prepay account to your Postpay account. Our Telesales team can assist you with the migration. You can contact our Telesales team at 800-256-4646. I recommend keeping the Prepay account active, so you don't lose any balance on the account. Please let me know if this helps answer your question. 

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes