Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
One Verizon ID
JF629

Hello. I’ve been trying for a couple of weeks now to get my One Verizon ID fixed and everything that’s been done thus far, does not seem to have worked. I have my wireless plan, and it’s currently connected to my old Fios account from where I previously lived. I am unable to connect my new Fios account to my mobile. I’ve talked to several different people, they’ve tried several different things and nothing has fixed it. I just want to have my current Fios account linked to my mobile. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: One Verizon ID
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly want everything with your accounts to be correct. May we ask what steps you have already taken as we would not want you to do double the work? 

-Christine

0 Likes
JF629

Hi Christine,

About a month ago I worked with the Verizon online chat to update the email address on my Fios account to match my mobile account with the assumption that’s why I couldn’t link them. I was told that was completed but it didn’t appear anything was ever changed. About two weeks ago I was working with the online chat again and asked if it’s possible to remove the old Fios account currently linked to my mobile account and link the new one. They said they would remove and I could then link the new one. Told me this was completed but it appears to me the old account is still linked and I am still not able to link the correct accounts together. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It is critical that we understand what the goal is here, JF629. You mentioned the term "One Verizon ID" and so we want to ask a few follow up questions. Are you referring to merging the accounts for billing purposes? What happened when you tried to use the same userID for the Fios as for the wireless, including any error messages?

-George

0 Likes
JF629

Hi George, that’s correct. Under account, account settings, the “access your mobile and home accounts with one sign in” option. Currently on my mobile login, it’s linked to my old fios account and I’m unable to unlink them. When I try to link through my Fios login, it says “sorry, there was an error while processing your request. Please try setting up One Verizon ID again later from your account security settings”. I’ve tried “later” multiple times over the past two months and it always says the same thing. 

I do want to point out that my current, active Fios account is setup with a different email address than my mobile account is setup with. Something I was told was updated but I can’t see that it was. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JF629, I appreciate those additional details. I want to make sure we're on the same page. Currently, you have My Verizon for wireless and FiOS, but your current FiOS is not linked to your current Verizon Wireless. Your My Verizon with wireless is actually linked to your old FiOS account? Is that correct? 

-Jordan

0 Likes
JF629

Hi Jordan, 

That is correct. We used to live an apartment and had Fios there for a bit, that’s the account linked to my mobile account currently. We’ve since moved and have fios again, new account.. not linked to my mobile.

0 Likes