Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Online account management
SammyJ

What is going on with verizonwireless.com? I am not able to manage my account online. I try to make a change and I get randomly sent to look at a new Android phone, even though all of our equipment is iPhones...

Besides changing our cloud settings, I am trying to get the Discovery Plus deal and that page is unreachable also. Pretty disappointing! 

Come on Verizon! Get this fixed up!

Re: Online account management
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are sorry to hear about your issues with your online account and adding Discovery+. I can guide you to get this done. You can sign up for Discovery+ here: https://www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/discovery-plus/
I can also help you figure out what is going on with your online account. Meet me in a Private Note and I can help you get to your account. 

0 Likes
SammyJ

Ok, we’re getting closer, but not quite. When I get to the page to accept the Add-on, it states that the change to my monthly cost will be $6.99. We have an unlimited plan so this should be free for one year!

Also, how do I join you in a Private Note? This is my first time using this message board.

0 Likes
SammyJ

Here’s what the web page shows, it’s not saying that it’s free for one year:

Change in your monthly cost

$6.99/mo

status price

Your discovery+ (Ad-Free) subscription will begin at $6.99/mo once you accept the offer terms and conditions and click the "Enroll" button below.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

I added discovery plus through the verizon app on my phone and had no issue so you might try it that way.  Just go to add ons and it will ask for your email and have you create a log in password.  

0 Likes
SammyJ

Thanks - And I did go to the My Verizon App, which I installed months ago, and Discovery Plus is not listed there as an available Add-On for me. I have an Unlimited Plan and should get the app for free for at least 6 months.

On the plus side, I was able to manage my account there and cancel the Verizon Cloud, which I never asked for and never used, but was being charged $5.99 per month.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Did you get an email from verizon about it?  I got the email yesterday.  When you go to explore  add ons and at the top click entertainment it's not listed in there?  Thats where it was for me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

SammyJ, we're glad you were able to manage the account with the app. Please be sure that the My Verizon app is updated to the latest version. You can do this by visiting the App Store. Also, you mentioned you have an unlimited plan. Which unlimited plan do you currently have?

0 Likes
SammyJ

I signed up for alerts for the Discovery Plus app, but didn't get anything from Verizon. I did get an email from Discovery that the app was available, so I went searching for it at Verizon. I checked all of the tabs in the Add-On section and it is not listed for me. I have double checked that I have a qualifying Unlimited Package.

Frustrated with Verizon right now, #1 the Verizon online account manager has been sending me to random pages for 2 days while not removing the cloud when I click "Next", #2 adding the cloud without my permission (I use Apple Cloud) and #3 this whole Discovery Plus app debacle. 

I have just signed up for it with Discovery and will try to get it switched over to Verizon using the Discovery instructions. Or should I........? $6.99 for 6 months may not be worth the hassle!

But thank you Acraftylady2

0 Likes
acraftylady2

I will just keep it 6 months free myself then cancel.  I am in a group and we discuss 90 day fiance and wanted to see these different episodes about it.  We get full cable so no use for extras except netflix.  This is the email I got from verizon.    Also got an email from verizon when I was entitled to Disney.  Make sure to check your spam folder.  I regularly get emails about deals from them.  Make sure you have the right email address in your account is all I can tbink.

Screenshot_20210105-134211_Email.jpg

0 Likes