Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Open line without a device
johmg

Is there anyway that I’m able to open a new phone line without buying a device or bringing an existing device? Specifically, I’m trying to utilize one of Apple’s current trade-in promotions. I currently only have Verizon service on my 2021 IPad Pro. I need to add a new line for the offer which I’m unable to do without an IMEI. I’m stuck in a loop: need to open a line to buy a device; need a device to open a line.

0 Likes
Re: Open line without a device
Doggo
Novice

Verizon isn't going to open a line without the intention of service going to a device.

0 Likes
johmg

If you re-read, you’ll see that service will be going to a device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, johmg. We would be happy to help. When you do an order for cellular capable device on Apple, there should be an option to use Verizon's financing option and then to add a new line. What is the Apple device you are looking to purchase on Apples website? 

CassieG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for keeping us posted. We can certainly help you add a line to your current Verizon account. You will be able to add a line when purchasing a phone directly through Apple.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

When you visit Apple's website, you will be prompted to select the Model > Color > Memory > Carrier > Trade In > Payment Plan > Protection > Replace Existing Phone or Add a New Line. This way you can take advantage of Apple's offers while adding a new line. Let us know if this helped.

0 Likes
johmg

I was going to buy an iPhone 12 Pro

0 Likes
johmg

Sorry for the delayed response. I was attempting to buy an iPhone 12 Pro. It wouldn’t allow me to open a new line. I’ve tried making myself an account manager, but it wouldn’t allow me to open a new line through the Apple website. I think the issue is due to currently only having a Unlimited Plus plan for an iPad Pro 2021. I’ve been satisfied with my service on the iPad and am now looking to make you my cell provider if I get this figured out. 

I’m going to attempt it again here shortly and I’ll give yinz an update.

0 Likes
johmg

It’s still not working

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would be thrilled to have you join our family, Johmg. I know if you have an iPad it can be tricky to open a new line. The good news is I can help you. Please check your private messages. -Amber

0 Likes