Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Optical Network Terminal
blue9071

I have a Verizon installed Motorola ONT Model 1000 GJ2. It is connected via Coax to a Verizon rented Router Model G3100. My plan is Tv/Telephone and Internet at 100 Mbps. My questions is should the status LED light on the ONT assigned to 10/100/1000 Mbps be lit? If so should it be lit at all times? Mine is unlit. The instructions inside the ONT seem to suggest when it is unlit it is only operating at 10 Mbps. I seem to be getting proper speeds and bandwidth running various speed tests ect but I am concerned I may be missing something. After 3 phone calls to Verizon, 1 onsite visit from Verizon Tech Service,  1 chat and an additional site visit from Tech service who missed the appointment I can not get an straight answer about this LED and its status. I would think someone with knowledge of the ONT would be able to answer this without site visits numerous resets of the router and ONT.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
Re: Optical Network Terminal
jav6
MVP
MVP

@blue9071 wrote:

I have a Verizon installed Motorola ONT Model 1000 GJ2. It is connected via Coax to a Verizon rented Router Model G3100. My plan is Tv/Telephone and Internet at 100 Mbps. My questions is should the status LED light on the ONT assigned to 10/100/1000 Mbps be lit? If so should it be lit at all times? Mine is unlit. The instructions inside the ONT seem to suggest when it is unlit it is only operating at 10 Mbps. I seem to be getting proper speeds and bandwidth running various speed tests ect but I am concerned I may be missing something. After 3 phone calls to Verizon, 1 onsite visit from Verizon Tech Service,  1 chat and an additional site visit from Tech service who missed the appointment I can not get an straight answer about this LED and its status. I would think someone with knowledge of the ONT would be able to answer this without site visits numerous resets of the router and ONT.

Thanks for your help

This is the Verizon Wireless Community Forum.  The Verizon FIOS Community Forum is https://forums.verizon.com .

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes