Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Order Stuck In Limbo
nswdllc

Ordered a new iPhone 14 Pro and WatchUltra on 9/15

Got an email this morning about needing to update payment info. So I went to update and it wanted 8.20 so I paid it. Then when I checked back again to see the status it said it wanted 180.00. The overall total should have been 188.20 for the taxes. So I tried to pay the 180 but it wouldn't take the card.

Called support multiple times and got a different answer each time.

Rep 1- Seemed to think I changed the color option after the order was made (I didn't not) Ultimately was going to ask a different support rep and asked to put me on hold but managed to transfer me to the beginning.

Rep 2- Seemed to think that the time to update the billing info passed (Even though I just got the notification on 10/4. Told me that I needed to talk to sales, cancel it and re-order. Transfered me to sales.

Rep 3- Was confused and said I should have been sent to general support.

Rep 4- Was confused and said the order was still pending because it was on backorder and it would automatically ship. It should have shipped 9/23 and 10/11.

2 hours on the phone trying to fix this and gotten nowhere.

Now I can't even view the order to see if any of the reps managed to flip a switch that would let me just pay; and fingers crossed it would sort it self out. All I get now is Max order read attempt reached.

I'm at a loss. Hundreds of dollars a month for services. Account for probably a decade or longer. But  I can't manage to get someone that knows how to fix an order that should have been pretty simple.

Re: Order Stuck In Limbo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@nswdllc ,

We're sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble with your order. Changing things such as device color would not be possible without canceling the order and starting over with a new one, but if your order is on backorder then that would mean your order will not have any further updates until it has shipped. Let's back up a bit further though, because you had said that you were given a notification to update your payment details for the order on 10/4. No order would be able to ship until after a payment has been processed on it, so if you had just updated that today then that means a payment was attempted with what you had initially provided, and when that was denied for whatever reason you were asked to correct the payment details. No customer service rep can pause or hold onto your order, as you have the same access to your order through your My Verizon account that they would have. Please allow your updated payment to process first, because once that is done you'll get tracking info shortly afterwards when the carrier has your order.

-Russell

0 Likes
nswdllc

The order is stuck, full stop. 

I didn’t update the payment info. I paid $8.20 and then it wanted me to pay $180 but it wouldn’t take the card. 

So I called and multiple reps tried to do it over the phone but got various errors and couldn’t figure out why. 

Now I can’t even look up the status or try to pay again because I get the max lookup attempts made error. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello nswllc! Thank you for reaching out to us. I see you mentioned the order is stuck. Was the order created online?

>Ulises

0 Likes
Hammerdan8617

Ive got the same problem, except it did take my Money and half the customer service people cant see the payment and the other half can. I get a different answer from every rep. I have been dealing with this for 5-days now and have no idea where my order, the phone, or my money is. 

0 Likes
Hammerdan8617

Day 6 - Still no answers from Verizon. I'm beyond tired of hearing "You'll get an email in 3 days. or You'll get tracking within 24 hours, or our system just needs to update, or you still need to pay." How does such a large company operate in such a terrible manner. How can pay $240.35 that Verizon cant seem to find, well some of Verizon, the other half can find it. Yet the order is still on hold, Verizon has my money, and I do not have anything to show for it besides anger and confusion. The order has been "Escalated" 3 times now, with no answers.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is common practice for Verizon and maybe some lawyers need to get involved with how they are conducting their business with customers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It is awful to hear about an order being stuck in the system, Hammerdan8617. We understand your frustration and are here to help. We have sent a private note to discuss the specifics with you.

-George

0 Likes
Hammerdan8617

Customer service reached out. Once again gave me a DIFFERENT answer than everyone else and kicked me off to another department.

No one still knows what is going on with my order. Its nearly impossible to speak to a supervisor.

Verizon has failed to meet a single promise they have provided through out this ordeal. I've been promised updates and call backs for just about a week now. Not a single update or call back.

I will be taking a screenshot with all of my ridiculous Verizon interactions over the past week and posting it on every known social media site.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for providing us with this information. We apologize that you have not received a definitive answer about the status of your order. We will be sending you a Private Note to gather more information and assist you.

~Laura

0 Likes