Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Order a phone and got it canceled for no reason, currently trying to get refund.
SummerSmith20

On Friday August 26 2022, I made the probably dumb and desperate decision to try an order a new iPhone 11 online due to my prepaid phone breaking. At this point I have been without a phone for a month trying to save up and purchase a new one. The Verizon website regularly messes up so whenever I tried to "shop" from my prepaid account, it would instantly log me out and id have to search without signing in. I figured this was the only way to migrate my prepaid account to postpaid and I went into the live chat to do so. I was offered a good deal for an iPhone 11 with a bundled case, wireless charger, screen protector and the starter postpaid phone plan. I provided all the correct info including ssn and everything using the sign up links the agent provided me. Seemed legit, I got a receipt for the downpayment for $127. The next day, I receive an email claiming my order was being canceled for no reason other than my information couldn't be validated, despite me having given the agent all correct information. I even gave the agent a backup number in order to reach me to confirm my order, no call was received. I went to call the service number provided in the email and then for an hour straight, I proceeded to get passed around to three different customer service agents in 3 different departments, all claiming that they had no access to my order despite me having an order and location number, as well at the account number I would've had if I had gotten the chance to set up my account. But no, I received no info as to why my order had been canceled and why I couldn't verify myself then and there, as well as being kept in the dark of when I would get a refund. I finally gotten to the third agent, Micheal who's name probably isn't even that, and he directs me to call a sales number, to which I get no response. No one answered that number, it immediately hung up. It makes no sense how none of these representatives in any of their respective departments have any knowledge or access to a problem that seemingly has a clear solution (I mean, how hard is it to pull up an account, check the order status, and confirm a refund date?). All I wanted, and was basically promised, was simple customer service, but how could I expect that when they can't even fix their own website. I need to get my refund in the next week or so, or there will be some sort of retaliation this can't be legal or allowed. I've been a prepaid customer for a year now, I expected better. I can't even get a new phone that I need properly without having to switch. After this, I'll never use verizon again, because at this point, I feel like I've been s.c.a.*.m.e.d. The fact that I had to type the word like that due to it being considered  a bad word is a red flag in itself...

0 Likes
Re: Order a phone and got it canceled for no reason, currently trying to get refund.
SummerSmith20

Update: Saturday September 9th

I received a private message from some worker named Debbie. I replied to that one and got through to another person named Eli?? Wanted me to "verify" their access to my account, in order for them to look up my order, by sending two links that didn't even work. Most frustrating return process I've ever experienced in my life... Why is it so hard to pull up an online order? SO hard to issue a refund??

0 Likes
Re: Order a phone and got it canceled for no reason, currently trying to get refund.
SummerSmith20

Update cont. Sept. 3rd 

Finally Eli sent a working link to another chat room which tbh doesn't really look legit but ill take whatever at this point as long at I get my money back.

0 Likes
SummerSmith20

Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 1.53.35 AM.pnganother day, another number to call, probably just going to get the same run around. plus I already saw a post that said that after getting a ticket issued, a second one needed to be made due to an error, which made them wait even longer. Ive already filed a dispute with my cardholder. This is so ridiculous...

0 Likes
SummerSmith20

Update Sun Sept 4.

I was able to get my money refunded, I assume my cardholder fixed the dispute. Still switching providers however. No one should have to go through this, and I pray that people who do get their problems fixed asap, but I'll be advising loved ones specifically not to order from Verizon, especially online. 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

SummerSmith20, we always want any process to be easy, and I apologzie that things have not gone smoothly for you. I am here to help with your order. Was the order sorted out, or do you still need help? 

*Crystal

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi there! Thank you so much for reaching out to us tonight. I'm sorry to hear your order was cancelled. I can find out why this happened. Please send me a Private Message,so I can help.

*Ana

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I appreciate your screenshot. It doesn't look like you have received the help you have needed. You are an existing customer, correct?   

*Ana

0 Likes