Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Order on Hold and Unable to Update Payment
Jsnowden1

I ordered two iPhone 14’s (Pro and Pro Max) on September 14th via the VZW app. The transaction appeared to be successful but I received an email on September 17th that the order was “on hold” and I needed to update the payment method by September 22nd and had a balance due.

I updated the payment information but for some reason, half of my order has shipped and the other half still shows as “on hold for payment update.” As others have experienced, the system does not allow me to update the payment a second time.

What can be done on the VZW side to fix this situation that doesn’t involve cancelling the order and going to the back of the line? I’m a 25 year customer, going back to BellAtlantic/Nynex Mobile.

0 Likes
Re: Order on Hold and Unable to Update Payment
Lonk

I have the exact same issue. I also made an order for two iPhones on Sept 14th through the VZW app. I received a notification on Sept 20th that my payment did not go through, I updated my payment information, but it only charged me for half the original order. The iPhone 14 Pro was shipped, however, the iPhone 14 Pro Max is still showing "On Hold" and it says to update payment information again. Every time I try to update the payment information, both on the app or through a browser, I get an orange error box that states:

"We are unable to process your request at this time. Please go back to the My Verizon homepage and try again or call us at 800-922-0204."

I tried calling the number, however, they stated the orders were accepted and there was no issue. I then went to the Verizon store in person where they stated they could see the payment was rejected but could not help and had "corporate" call me. After being transferred to three different Verizon employees, no one knew how or could help with either updating the payment information or completing the payment on the phone.

I am not able to cancel the order and when I try to create a new order it states I already have an upgrade in process.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Lonk, allow us to apologize that you have come across this issue with your order. We would recommend speaking to our Internet Orders team directly for this issue. They can be reached by calling: 866-338-7390. Their hours of operation are: Mon-Fri 5:00am-7:00pm PT and Sat 5:00am-2:00pm PT

-Christine

0 Likes
DaveLa

I placed an order for iPhone 14 pro mix on 9/2.  On 9/20 received an email that my payment failed and that I needed to update this by 9/17.  I updated my payment info and still the hold remained.  I have now called at least 6 customer service reps and a visit the the Verizon Store with nothing done.  The customer service reps told me to reenter my credit card information again  and again and now I have three charges to my credit card.  Finally I asked that my order be canceled and no one that I have talked to have been able to cancel the order.  The Rep I spoke with this morning said she was able to cancel the order and then just gave me a ticket# so it obvious that all she did was escalate the matter to someone else and the order remains there on hold.

0 Likes
Jsnowden1

Update: After an afternoon on Facebook Messenger with a member of VZW’s social team, I’m no closer to resolving this issue. He was stumped as to why the order was split, why there was no initial indication that the original payment had failed, why the payment update only applied to one of the two orders, and why the order can’t be cancelled. I’ve received the iPhone 14 Pro portion of the order and will be activating it today, but no idea if I’ll receive my 14 Pro Max.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jsnowden1, my apologies to hear of this as there should be some information on your account regarding the order in question. Help is here. Just to clarify, regarding the iPhone 14 Pro Max, have you received any emails from us? Checked your spam folder? 

-Natasha

0 Likes
meierjacob

I am experiencing this EXACT same issue! I purchased two iPhone 14 Pro Max's on 9/9. I used an Apple Card on Apple Pay with a lot of credit available so you would think there wouldn't be any processing issues. But on 9/10 I woke up to an email stating my order is on hold and I need to update my payment information. I updated the payment information with the same card number and it sent payment through for only one of the devices, half the order. I got that device and activated it, however my other device STILL says it's on hold and it won't let me update my payment information anymore! It also won't let me try a new order as it says I already have an upgrade in progress. I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with customer service and was transferred to 5 different departments and NOBODY could figure out my problem. They just kept transferring me to someone else and I ended up back where I started with regular customer service, I couldn't believe it. This last person said "Don't worry, your phone will still ship out on 9/23". Well it's now 9/25 and it STILL says it's on hold and I don't have any shipping emails. What are we supposed to do??? BTW, I've already spoken to INTERNET ORDERS in my 1.5 hour phone call the other day and they had no idea and transferred me to the fraud department! LOL

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate your feedback. Processing your order is crucial, and are here to help. To better assist you, tell us a little more. Is this order for a new line of service or an upgrade on an existing line?

~Maria

0 Likes
Jsnowden1

@vzw_customer_support Hi Maria — This order was to upgrade my two existing lines. I’ve received one of the phones and the other is tentatively scheduled to be shipped by September 30th, contingent upon everything getting sorted out.

0 Likes
meierjacob

@vzw_customer_support I'm upgrading two existing lines and trading in my existing iPhones for the new ones.

0 Likes