Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Order on hold for payment update but can't update payment????
AriannaSherm

I pre ordered the iPhone 14 pro (2 of them) on September 11th. Everything was fine, I have the receipt showing that I pre ordered both, payment went through. A few days later, I reiceived a message saying that my payment method needs to be updated and one of the phones is on hold. However, when I follow the link and put in the last 4 digits of SSN and hit find order, I get the error message "we are unable to process your request, go back to my Verizon and try again or call..." and I can't update my order. I have been told different things. I was on the phone with customer service for an. hour and a half and they were not able to update my payment method manually either. It is telling me to update before September 19th. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO??? No one has been able to help me. 

Re: Order on hold for payment update but can't update payment????
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to be sure that you get the best support for your recent order. If you don't mind us asking, how did you place the iPhone 14 preorder (online, over the phone, at the store)?

~Vic

Luther608

I have this SAME thing happening to me. I chatted with someone and they are telling me everything is fine. However after i talked with someone this morning i got an automated phone call that told me to update my payment information!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, Luther608. You can check the status of your order using this link: https://www.verizon.com/od/cust/orderStatusIndex#/ This will provide with details if additional information is required to complete your order.

-Jason

0 Likes
Luther608

I am unable to update any payment information as that's why it is saying that my order is on hold. I see that One of my items is to ship 10/7 but the other item has no information by it as I am assuming it will ship once I update my payment information, which I can't do. I have tried different web browsers, web browser on phone, my Verizon app, nothing works to update payment information.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly appreciate your efforts, Luther608. Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies of your web browser or using a different device altogether? 

-Lorenzo

0 Likes
coffeeandchai

I have also unfortunately run into the same issue and it has been disheartening.

Pre-Ordered a 14 Pro Max for my wife and I. Was pushed through as two separate charges instead of the charge for the single order and the second charge was put on a fraud hold. I cleared the hold and went to update the payment but was also unable to update with the unable to process message.

Tried online support and was told they could not process nor help. Called phone support and twice was told they could not process it. Eventually cancelled the order that had both phones along with our trades in for my old phone since days went by without any change and no one was able to help and it seemed like it would never go through.

Today, my wife's phone arrives despite the cancellation. I even called support to confirm since I got a UPS notice that a label was created and they said it was shown as cancelled and that I would get a card credited back and that the phone would not ship.

To top it off, I still have received calls for the past few days from the automated messaging saying to update my payment via the email link which does not work (and i've cleared cache, tried multiple browsers, etc). If I could have just updated the payment it would have been fixed in a second, but this has been terrible.

Now all of this has to be fixed and I'm just expecting a lot more of me sitting on calls with support telling me they can' t help. Seriously makes me want to consider switching providers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to do everything we can to help.  A private message is being sent to assist you further.

-Sean

0 Likes