Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Order on hold for payment??
erik2282

I've seen many posts on this forum about the same thing. I ordered my phones on 11/26 and everything went fine. Later that day I checked the Verizon app and it said my order was on hold due to payment declined. I checked my bank app and the Verizon Telesale transaction is there processing. So why does Verizon tell me it's on hold for payment issue. Clearly there is not. I was supposed to get my phones today 11/30 and it's now almost 7pm and no phones. Yesterday I called Verizon, and I swear I got bounced around to 6 different reps, the last one I spoke to was in "Internet Orders" department. She said on her end she could see the hold but also could see the order is fine. I called my bank just to make sure and they said the in-process transaction looks perfectly fine on their end and it should get out of processing mode tonight. So I'll check in the morning and see what's up. On the app it says if my payment is not updated, it will be cancelled by December 4th. I will be super mad, I don't think anyone cares though, if it gets cancelled. I have all my promotions, black friday deals/discounts on that order. I have called almost every day since the order and noone has a clear answer or resolution. I'm so frustrated with this. If my order gets cancelled I will be moving away from Verizon and that will be the last straw. 

0 Likes
Re: Order on hold for payment??
erik2282

It's the next morning and transaction still says processing. Ughhhh 

0 Likes
pjm42

I am in the same boat and no one seems to be able to help. I am very upset with Verizon.

hnieskens

I ordered two phones on November 3rd. I received the first one with no issues. On November 27, I received an email that I needed to update payment for the 2nd phone. I did so on November 28, and the payment was processed. The payment was debited from my bank account on November 30. The order still shows on hold and nothing is updated as far as shipping and payment status. I have spoken to 4 different customer service people on the phone today and 1 via text message and no one can seemingly help me. No one can see my payment was made. I even tried to double pay the remaining balance. I get an error which states the order has been completed. I need help to get this resolved and my phone shipped. 

erik2282

Its now Thursday night and still no phones, email, call, tracking number, nothing. Order still on hold and transaction still processing. Tomorrow if still on hold, I'll try another card. 

0 Likes
erik2282

Friday morning. That transaction no longer exists in bank. Can't login to Verizon account because the text message authentication thing isn't working. I'm now locked out of my account. I'm done with Verizon. I'm waiting until the order drops off and moving to AT&T. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hnieskens, we are saddened to hear that this second order has not gone as smoothly as the first. I know that I would be beyond anxious to have that new phone in my hands and that is honestly just where we want it. Have you submitted the proof of payment? Was this an order placed online? If so, have you spoken directly with the Internet Orders team regarding a release of this order? -LorenB If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
erik2282

What about me? Lol.

0 Likes
ask4beth

Same issue and same terrible customer service.  I am a long term customer and already thinking about moving our account.  Too many headaches.  Tried upgrading a few times last few months, always an issue so didn't upgrade.  Time to move!  No longer a good option.

0 Likes