Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Outage in our area of Sanford 27332, Fayettevile and Ft Bragg NC 28310
RFHavens2020

As of sometime overnight, all cell service to include text messaging is down or out of service for myself and everyone that I have spoken to that uses Verizon.  This includes text messaging, phones, iPads, and hotspots.  I called tech support at 0709 this am and they tried something with a tower but it did not change anything.  Also created a ticked that was going to Tier 2 support at 0900. 

The tech support guy said the only reported outage in NC was at Knotts Island which is 3 hours east near the outer banks area.

Hopefully this gets resolved quickly as many of our employees use their phones often as a requirement for safety reasons.

0 Likes
Re: Outage in our area of Sanford 27332, Fayettevile and Ft Bragg NC 28310
jav6
Leader

Don't see any reports in your area on https://downdetector.com/status/verizon/ which isn't a Verizon reporting site, but does get reports from the public of outages/issues.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
RFHavens2020
I called back at 1020 since I cannot receive text messages and got to Tier 2 tech support. Looks like I was the initial report and there have now been many others. There are 13 cell sites (towers) that are down. They are not sure if it is a network switch or a fiber optic cut. They are working the problem but of course no ETA since they are not sure what the actual problem is yet.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Service concerns are not what we want for you and we would like to help. We want to confirm if you are still experiencing service issues? 

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Service concerns are not what we want for you and we would like to help. We want to confirm if you are still experiencing service issues? 

ChristianP_VZW

@christianp_vzw 

How about giving an update from tech support on the outage/cell towers down?  Might give a clue as to customers experiencing service issues still.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
RFHavens2020, thank you for keeping us posted on the network issue. I am glad to know you were able to get a ticket filed. You will be notified when the issue is resolved. 

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jav6, 

We always do our best to ensure that our networking is working as it should. In some situations, it can happen that this isn't always the case, but rest assured we work to get things back in order as quickly as possible. We wouldn't have a way to come back to a specific post to update on an outage status. However, you can always check on the status with the My Verizon App. I hope that this information is helpful.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes