Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Outraged at credit limit decrease without even a notice
donald2017

Starting my account off i was able to obtain up to $4000 in devices. Now that ive decided to get the new samsung Watch i was told i was over my spending limit and had to pay 75 percent of the price in order to add it onto my account. When i ask why and what my limit was they proceeded to tell me that it has been lowered to $2000. When i started my account, i advised customer service that that I needed the 4000 in credit as I have personal and business lines on my account and the rep proceeded to tell my my limit would not be decreased. But when I have tried (several times) to get the new Samsung watch for my wife I have continually been told I was already over my spending limit. But when I went into the Verizon store by Costco in Kalispell MT they told me to pay off the note 9 on my account, which I did, and then I'd be able to get it. So now I spent the 400 bucks up front to pay off the note 9 and now I still can't get the watch. I am now looking to switch to att because they dont mess you once you open the account. Had i know i would still not be able to get the watch I would have just used the 400 to buy it in the first place. I am SOOOOOOO Disapointed in Verizon and I will not be putting up with this run around that much longer. Verizon receives a payment from me faithfully EVERY month and this is what i get??? I guess all the perks and things are only at the opening of your account after that they do not even care. They tell you what you want to hear just to get you. When is Verizon going to realize the company would be nothing without their customers!!!! If i can not get the upgrade that i want as a PAYING customer i will not be doing business with Verizon anymore. And not just the upgrade, I want the promised $4000 in credit back as this was my deciding factor when choosing Verizon since att was only $3000. But at this point $3000 is still higher that what Verizon has decided, without notice or explanation, to drop my limit to.

0 Likes
Re: Outraged at credit limit decrease without even a notice
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@donald2017

It’s important to us that you’re able to get the device of your choice and not have to worry about spending limits. I’m sorry if this hasn’t been your experience with your service lately, and we definitely wouldn’t want to lose you over this. I’d love to help.

So that I may further assist, I will send you a Private Message so that we may review your equipment purchase options together.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Your payment history and credit are what is changing your limit. Verizon doesn't have control of customers paying on time nor their credit score.

0 Likes
donald2017

In response to this I have never missed or been late on a payment and my credit score is higher now then when I opened the account

0 Likes