Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Overcharged by a lot with International Plan - change carriers
KyleMHocking

I was overseas for the month of October. Got the international plan which is $100 on top of my normal plan which was to begin on October 1. I called on September 25th to get this setup. The next day i received an additional charge for $20 saying i went over my data for the day. Let me remind you I have unlimited data, I put an international plan in place so that when I leave I was covered, AND I was still in the United States. I go to the UK and day 2 get a text that I have been charged $20 again. I call and they assure this was a mistake as I was only using my phone with wifi. They said they do not know why I received a text as they can't see that on my account. I called three different times and they assured me I was not getting charged. Here we are at the end of November and my bill for October and November is almost $900. What is the point of the international plan. I could have just used my normal plan and paid the $10 dollar a day for data as needed and still be way less. Also, i brought this to your attention multiple times and nobody seemed to be concerned and now that my concerns are actually real - nobody there cares - they just say we told you about this plan. That is an awful excuse as I brought this to your attention and said if this is the case please get me out of this plan. On top of that I returned from the UK on Nov 15 and called a rep to cancel that international plan - of course it is still active and I had to re cancel it today on the 1 of December. Like I have to hand hold everyone to do anything. Go to a different carrier - Thank god I am not under a contract here it is a complete s c a m. Not to mention I brought this up with three reps and they all disconnected the call/chat on purpose. Insane.

0 Likes