Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Painfully slow response on chat
Tocsik

It takes minutes for each response when using the online chat feature.  Some of the worst service I've every experienced.  I was asking simple questions and it just seemed like the person on the other end was playing a game on their phone or something.  No time stamps to prove it, but it's frustrating.  I'm on a chat now, and they haven't even replied to "I'm sorry, are you still with me?".

Re: Painfully slow response on chat
morisky
Novice

Even longer when they move the convo to messages. Beginning to think this is deliberate.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Tocsik, we are sorry to hear about your experience with our Chat platform. Chat representatives may work with two customers at a time and we want to apologize for any delays within the response time. Your feedback is apppreciated and we will forward your concern to the proper channels. We are here for your support. Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns we can assist you with. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

morisky, you should always be receiving top-notch customer service no matter who is assisting you. Allow us to apologize if this did not occur. Keep in mind, we offer several support options for you aside from chat such as: phone support, social media (Facebook & Twitter), and in store:

https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/ I assure you we all have the same goal to ensure all your questions and concerns get addressed.

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
CJ7BUZEK

VERIZON USED TO BE TOP NOTCH. WAS ON A CHAT JUST NOW BUT AFTER WAITING MORE THAN 10 MINUTES TO A QUESTION WITH A SIMPLE YES OR NO ANSWER I JUST CUT THE CHAT OFF. VERIZON IS GOING TO LOOSE MY BUSINESS. CUSTOMER FOR OVER 20 YEARS.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We value our customers and want to make sure you are provided with the best service as a customer. With regard to your issues how can we assist you today? 

0 Likes
john_r_sf

Yes, same here. I'm trying to make a simple change to my account and it has been more than 20 minutes before the agent has even responded other than inane comments like "hope you're having a great day"

I notice that when I want to ADD a service, chat is very quick and prompt but when I want to REMOVE something they delay as long as possible, probably hoping that I'll give up and just keep paying.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Time is super valuable, john_r_sf. We are sincerely sorry to hear that your experience has been less than stellar. I cannot speak for the chat team but here on the social media side we have been busier than usual lately. We see you posted this comment two days ago. Have you been able to remove the service you wanted removed? -George

0 Likes
dcnelsn1

Agree. Many months since your post was written. Still no change. It continues to be very slow with limited answers that cause 2nd/3rd  questions to get to root of problem. I had some simple questions and have waited 2 hours with intermittent responses approximately 20 minutes or more in between without resolution. 

HawK316

In my experience, and the experience of many others based on looking at this community forum, phone support is pretty much impossible to get. Hours on hold, no call backs that were scheduled, and if by some miracle you do get a person on the phone, they are rarely any help.

Chat is not really any better, slow responses, if any at all, and when you do respond, its to ask for private chat to which it can take 30 minutes to a couple hours before someone replies. Ironically, if we don't sit there and monitor the private chat while we wait for a response that may be hours in coming, we will get timed out and removed from chat if we don't click  on a pop up in time. 

I responded in a private chat with a question after the first answer did not fully resolve my question and while I was waiting on a reply, I got timed out when I stepped away for a moment to get a glass of water and never did get the question answered.

As large of a company as Verizon is, one would think they would have the resources and capability to respond to their customers better. One starts to wonder what sort of problems Verizon is having that their customer support seems to constantly be so overwhelmed to the point that it is impossible to get a live person to actually resolve an issue.

0 Likes