Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Past Due Balance Question?
john92211

Good Evening,

i am concerned of the well being of my account... So now I come here with a question, needing to be answered.

I was so used to having to go online, and pay my bill manually. So with the decision of switching billing cycles so I can relax without the hassle of going online each month, and manually paying my bill online, with the use of AutoPay, so be it.

This happens from time to time, where I have to reach a customer service representative about my account, ALWAYS being on time. ALWAYS paying on time. NEVER late. Again, so be it. This the part where I look at the the bill, examine Payment History, and ask myself, why do I have a Past Due balance? My Bill is ALWAYS on time...

Tonight, I logon like normal through the My Verizon App on my phone, to find out I have a Balance (of course like every month) that is Due. Highlighted in Red with a Past Due Balance Of: $20.00 , DUE IMMEDIATELY. Why do I have a Past Due Balance, Of $20.00 that is Due Immediately?! Like stated, my bill is ALWAYS on time. NEVER ONCE LATE!!!! The app for some reason only shows the Past Due Amount, It somehow, does not show on the bill. It just says ‘xxx.xx Due on December 1st, 2017. No heading or wording of ‘Past Due Balance: $20.00 - Please Pay Immediately.‘

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Past Due Balance Question?
john92211

Went online this morning after I got a text from Verizon Wireless. Letting me know that my bill is now ready and viewable online. So with that being said, there, now is no Past Due Balance Of $20.00 needing to be paid immediately. I just did not allow it time to process, and update.

That is all for now, I guess.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
john92211

Went online this morning after I got a text from Verizon Wireless. Letting me know that my bill is now ready and viewable online. So with that being said, there, now is no Past Due Balance Of $20.00 needing to be paid immediately. I just did not allow it time to process, and update.

That is all for now, I guess.

0 Likes
karolined_vzw
Verizon Employee

I'm glad to hear that everything worked out for you, John92211. We definitely don't want you to have any concerns about your bill or what you owe. Sometimes things can show oddly while your bill is in the process of generating, but we do want our notifications to you to be completely accurate. Since all is well now, it's hard to say exactly what happened at the time, but if you ever have any additional concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us for support. We're here for you, and can be reached in many formats: Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

KarolineD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Luv1

It should maybe be known that there is a fraud text going around using the Verizon name with false information on it. I’m able to recognize it separate from my other ones. And the only reason I recognize it because it starts out with high and my first real name. Verizon does not do that so do beware of fraudulent text messages that say VZW as who it is from. It’s very nice to have this community area So we can all share important information to help us stay safe. As I got many asking me for extra money that we’re not real. Thank you Verizon for your good customer service as I personally know you do as much as you can so we all can have a secure place

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Your security is very important to us, and we take these fraudulent communications very seriously. We appreciate that you took the time to share this text with the Verizon Community. We're here to help with the best options in this situation. In the following link, please note item number 4 "What should I do if I receive a Verizon Wireless email or text message that seems fraudulent?" under "Fraudulent Email (Phishing) and Text Messaging Scams (Smishing)", for the best steps to report your suspicious text or email. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/phishing-faqs/

If you receive a message that appears to be from Verizon Wireless but seems suspicious:

1. Don't respond to the email or click any links in it.
  2. To check your account information, go to the My Documents and Receipts page in My Verizon to view your legitimate billing or account notifications.
  3. Send the fraudulent message to us.

Fraudulent email - You can copy and paste the email content into a new email or forward the message to phishing@verizonwireless.com for our internal review.

Fraudulent text message - Forward suspicious text messages to 7726 (Verizon Corporate Security) from your device.

4. Delete the fraudulent message.

Does this help? Is there anything else that we can help with?

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
Brookerulez

Hello @karolined_vzw  seen a couple of your responses today and I need some assistance if at all possible from anyone that is knowledgeable and willing to be compassionate to a 15 year customer. And not just ask for my payment or nothing I can do bye. Verizon has done me SO good this year  don’t get me wrong im dedicated to Verizon and have stayed faithful every single time other opportunities/cheaper/ better service/ every upgrade I’ve faced over 15 years I remained in good standing up until March 2020 due to COVID 19. Verizon was the first coMpany to provide relief when I came face first to the global pandemic, Verizon was the first glimmer of hope During what I was sure would be the worst of the storm and we would all be In the eye of the storm soon. No one was prepared for this pandemic. I cannot work due to no fault of my own. I’ve got two accounts in bad standing right now. Verizon. And regions bank. Both I signed up for same year same month 15 years ago. I’ve never been PAST DUE until august 2020. Sure I’ve paid my fair share of late fees but I was just bad about paying over 3-5 days late so much so that I budgeted late fees into my Verizon bill ever so often when I forgot a few times. I’ve never been blacklisted or even remotely near black listed. I have tangible proof, charts of my income depreciating, credit score dipping into BAD credit zone (I’ve owned two homes and made 96k a few years) I’ve got proof of my homelessness beginning in august. My family and friends are very few. My parents are retired and on disability themselves and I bled them dry just being able to EAT. Now I have literally nothing due to no fault of my own, and there is no Covid relief extension or emergency plans being offered like they were in the very beginning. Verizon was egear to help me. They talked to me for hours in total through everything March to may was my first bout of homelessness and they provided me a new phone and Covid relief so I would have a phone incase of emergencies. I’ll never forget that and focus on the negatives of the last 3 months I’ve experienced. However, I have lost everything in my life I’ve ever worked for due to disabilities (enhanced, triggered, made worse-by stress. I am trying to rebuild my foundation, you can’t build anything without one, but I’m so concerned about my fudging VERIZON account ruining the last bit of credit I’ve got left. The one company that offered me help when I was the most scared I’ve been during Covid. I’m less scared now, but more stressed because I don’t have phone service, and one of the two accounts that have kept me in the green are now coming for my accounts for non payment the same month we’re closing back down because of Covid. What do I do to talk to soMeone that is patient and compassionate. I’ve got proof of everything. Verizon lover forever. Just let down, but I’ll never give up on MY VERIZON. I refuse. 

0 Likes
Brookerulez

Also, I got an extremely part time job now I will have very little but income atleast every 2 weeks until seasonal retail months are over (February with my company I was told). I am at the point in my disability claim where it’s WHEN no longer IF I’ll be approved. Comforting, but doesn’t help my homelessness and hunger that comes with waiting for the approval process. I’m one year in. A decision coming Jan 4th but it’s a 4/5 month wait until you get first direct deposit. I just need temporary assistance. I will get my lump some paid to me every month for 6 months on top of Normal monthly amount. I will be using it to rebuild my credit by hopefully paying two accounts off. I’m determined but I lied when I said I’m not as scared as I was, I’m not scared, I’m fudging terrified I won’t make it until I can even receive the benefits I should be receiving RIGHT now due to my homelessness and food stamps I get only last two weeks out of a month I Starve the last two. sorry if it’s all TMI. I really should be emailing higher ups but If I don’t get heard here they def won’t hear me up there. Someone give me hope. Don’t leave me hanging. Sorry so long. Happy holidays. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sorry to hear that you've been having so much trouble, please allow us to take a closer look for you. Send us a Private Message. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would be happy to work with you on this matter, have you contacted our Financial Services department?

0 Likes