Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pay off a phone
bevfitz1243

I lost my phone so I want to pay it off I see the balance is 91.00 if I pay it off early are there any more charges to pay

0 Likes
Re: Pay off a phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

bevfitz1243,

Losing a phone is never a fun experience, and I'm glad to see that your remaining balance is $91, and not hundreds and hundreds of dollars. To make sure we're both referencing the same thing regarding your balance, in the link provided, look for the header named Device Payment Agreement and Making Installment Payments - Question #4: http://spr.ly/660217Z4r. This will give you the accurate balance to pay off, which will allow you to upgrade to a new device. There would be no other fees related to paying off your phone. 

Let us know if you have any other questions regarding this matter. 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
bevfitz1243

Thank you for your reply but this was my husbands phone he has Alziehmers so unforunately will not be able to use a new phone I basically wanted to know if I pay off his phone 7325308775 will I still be liable to pay for his service every month. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I can certainly check for you, bevfitz1243. For security, I recommend removing personal information and checking your private message so I can gather more information.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@bevfitz1243 wrote:

Thank you for your reply but this was my husbands phone he has Alziehmers so unforunately will not be able to use a new phone I basically wanted to know if I pay off his phone ***.**.***(phone number removed) will I still be liable to pay for his service every month. 

To directly answer your question, paying off a phone does not cancel service.  
without the financial obligation on the phone you may cancel a line at any time .   Service is required for installments, but installments are not required for service.  
To cancel service you should call Verizon directly, 611 from your phone. They can cancel service immediately or at the end of bill cycle,  but you are paying for service until the end of the current bill cycle and there is no proration..   

0 Likes