Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Paying charges for multiple states
GatoCat

I used to live in another state. I moved to my current state five YEARS ago. Yet my bill shows that I’m paying a 911 telerelay fee, a telecom tax, and a county sales tax for the state I used to live in, as well as my current state.

Does anyone know what this is all about? I hate the fact that I set up autopay, so I rarely look at the details on my bill... if I’ve been paying these fees/taxes to another state for the past 5 years, that really ticks me off. 

0 Likes
Re: Paying charges for multiple states
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

GatoCat

We want to make sure that you are billed for the correct surcharges and fees for your wireless service. Your bill will include any applicable state and local taxes and Verizon Wireless surcharges. These charges are based on the billing address that you've provided to us on your wireless account. As a result, you will need to update the address on your account to ensure that you are being billed for the correct city and state. Here's more information regarding why you are billed for surcharges and fees on your wireless bill. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/surcharges/?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D17163660781515209992076548583020311712%...

0 Likes
Tigerstep

It means you have more than one address on file. That has to be updated to only reflect one.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depending on the laws for the state even if the billing address and the service address was updated to the new location, if the phone number itself reflects it originated in another location it might taxed based on the number itself. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes