Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paying for a phone on my ex's account
scottweiscope

I used my upgrade on my line on my account for my ex.  I caught her cheating on me.  The phone that I had gotten I gave to her as a gift so I use my upgrade on my account She put it on her account. I never even had it on my account ever.   Thathe minute it came in the mail I put it right  on her account. I am making payments and have $500 and some odd dollars left to pay on this phone. Verizon is telling me there's nothing anybody can do. I go to the police they said I gave it to her as a gift so they said they can't press charges or go get the phone because there's no criminal activity. Verizon refuses to do anything about it they said I will continue paying for the phone or if I don't pay for it they will shut my line off plus shut the phone off so they can shut the phone off if I don't pay the bill but they can't help me out????? And also I have tried speaking to a supervisor nine different times a few of those being over phone calls with customer support and others being over chat with customer support They never let me speak to a supervisor or anybody every time I ask the supervisor is in a meeting and then the other real good one is sorry there's no supervisors on today you'll have to wait till another day. 9 times I've tried to speak to a supervisor I've paid a bill with Verizon for many years now this is ridiculous anybody have any help whatsoever for this please and thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Paying for a phone on my ex's account
scottweiscope

I could only imagine what your relationships have been like. I'm guessing you've never been in a relationship. Of course I expect them to take responsibility.  They can shut it off in 2 seconds if I don't pay the bill right? But all the sudden something like this happens and no we don't get involved. Did I expect to get cheated on? No!! People give gifts whenever they're in a relationship that's part of it, just in case obviously you don't know how relationships work but I'm just going to completely overlook your silly answer. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
acraftylady2

It was a gift you willingly gave.  You don't expect Verizon to take responsibility do you?  The ex needs to either pay you or give it back.  There is not  much you can do unless it's a divorce and you have a lawyer to hash it all out with her lawyer.  That is why it's a good idea to not buy phones for other people.  

0 Likes
scottweiscope

Well yes I expect them to take responsibility.  They could shut it off in a second if I didn't pay for it. Why can't they shut it off for this? Did I expect her to cheat on me?? You muat be a virgin or have never had a relationship with that answer. 

0 Likes
scottweiscope

I could only imagine what your relationships have been like. I'm guessing you've never been in a relationship. Of course I expect them to take responsibility.  They can shut it off in 2 seconds if I don't pay the bill right? But all the sudden something like this happens and no we don't get involved. Did I expect to get cheated on? No!! People give gifts whenever they're in a relationship that's part of it, just in case obviously you don't know how relationships work but I'm just going to completely overlook your silly answer. 

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Happily married for 32yrs to the love of my life March 18th and no cheating.  I don't loan anyone money or buy phones for anyone, friend, relation or what not.  A gift is a gift.  If you didn't want it to be a gift could have gone to a lawyer and drawn up a solid agreement.  Next step would be small claims court.

0 Likes
scottweiscope

32 years and no gifts? Yeah I don't believe you for one second

0 Likes
acraftylady2

I know better than to buy someone an expensive phone who I am only dating.   Also never loan anyone money you can't afford to loose.   My parents taught me well.  Gifts for family that's a different story but wouldn't be a cell phone.  Even my 30yr old son pays for his own phone.  At this point all you can do is move on and forget about it.

0 Likes
scottweiscope

No maybe you give up on things but not me. Thanks for the advice though. 

0 Likes
acraftylady2

So did Verizon let you off the hook?

0 Likes