Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paying taxes for multiple states
lmurphy89

Military family so we move every few years. I’ve notified Verizon of every move (it’s apart of my to-do list in the pcs folder I have) but despite this, we have been charged Florida and Georgia taxes for many years. We were also hacked multiple times on the Verizon account where people purchased iPhones and changed our address on the account to have them shipped to them. So again, changed address on account back to our address. Anyone else have this issue? Nothing but issues with Verizon lately..

Re: Paying taxes for multiple states
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is never the experience we want our customers to go through! Have you contacted Customer Service about this matter before?

RobertH_VZW

0 Likes
MisterBill2

You can enter the state where each phone on your plan is used on their website and you will be charged the relevant taxes for each line. I'm guessing you have not changed these? It's not the mailing address on your account that matters.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

That's my guess too. It doesn't sound like the service addresses for each line has been changed to match the billing address or the current location where each individual phone number is used the most. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MisterBill2

Pretty sure it's not based on where it's used the most. You need to go in and change the residence for each line. I did it for my daughter when she moved to a less expensive state (since i still pay for her line).

0 Likes
lmurphy89

Yes I have. I was transferred 4 times, ultimately pushed back to fraud dept who said they do no refund taxes if they were mischarged despite it being due to hacking/fraudulent activity. They basically told me to continue to check my bill to see if it ever happens again but they won’t refund me. Another few hours wasted with no reimbursement on Verizon’s part. Not surprised at this point.

0 Likes
Unhappyvz

Look at your service address in you account settings, funny they don’t mention this

0 Likes
Unhappyvz

Yes this same problem goes on over a year later. Your service address compared to billing address in account settings. Has nothing to with hacking. When you move they know you change your billing address and don’t know about the other. Even says that it normally changes with your billing address. Seems to follow any family with someone in military???

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes