Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pending charge at bank still.. does Verizon do authorization holds?
Firefly2021

Hi I placed an order for an Apple Watch 6. It got held up with the fraud department. However my bank was charged the amount of money. It was pending. I called and got the order released for shipping. I was charged again I noticed later. That new charge posted 2 days later. The same pending charge for the same amount is still pending?? It’s the weekend and it’s due to post Monday night. Last time it said a date it just extended the date. 

does Verizon do authorization holds ?  Wondering if it will drop off eventually? I told the guy that released the order it was a pending charge at the bank. I am good for another week but if it’s not returned I have to get to the bank to add money 

0 Likes
Re: Pending charge at bank still.. does Verizon do authorization holds?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Firefly2021. We want to make sure you are not charged twice for your order. To clarify, have you spoken with your bank about this? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
Firefly2021

Not yet. It’s pending for Monday’s date. I hope it’s just going to drop off then and not extend the date farther. Do you have authorization holds?  Or is it that the fraud department put it throguh another way so I was charged 2x? It’s strange it’s not posting to my bank still pending 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

If Fraud has released your order, there should be no issues with it posting to your account. We recommend contacting your bank tomorrow, if both charges are still there. Please keep us updated on your results. CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes