Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pending order, can’t upgrade
Padij58

I had ordered a phone upgrade for in-store pickup but then cancelled not too long after in order to get two-day shipping. The order was canceled but now when I try to initiate a new upgrade order I get the message that there is a pending order and I can’t upgrade my line for another 2 years. I’ve tried calling and chatting with support multiple times but no one has been able to help me.

Tags (2)
Re: Pending order, can’t upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hey, Padiji58, we would be happy to help. We will need to access your account to take a closer look. We are sending you a Private Note, please respond to is so we can assist!

ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
texas0x

I am having the same issues. I ordered a Samsung Galaxy S21 on preorder from Samsung.com. Order was magically cancelled by the carrier. I am trying to figure this out and have been on the phone with Verizon for 2 hours + now. I keep getting transferred. I can not re order on Samsungs website because the line is not showing eligible for upgrade and that is because Verizon still shows it to be pending order. They need to really get this fixed, since it does not appear to be an isolated incident. As a 20+ year customer I do expect more of Verizon.

texas0x

Update. Spent another 30 minutes added to my 2 hours already on the phone. The person helping me would not listen to what I was telling her and I had finally had enough and I rudely hung up on her. Never my intention to be a wiseguy but after 2.5 hours of getting jerked around and nobody listening or helping puts you in that state of mind. Very dissatisfied with Verizon at the moment. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We can completely understand your frustration/ire regarding the difficulty you've encountered ordering a device.We sincerely apologize that you've had to endure this negative experience, because we truly do appreciate you being a loyal member of the Verizon Wireless family for 20 + years. Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can look into this matter? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We apologize for any inconvenience you had with our Customer Service, texas0x. Help is here and we would like to assist with any pending concerns you have about the recent preorder. Please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
JP0630

I have the same issue and Verizon customer is the most useless group of people I've ever encountered. They can't seem to figure out how to get rid of the error and I keep getting the run around and keep getting passed around like a cheap hooker from one agent to another. If ATT had better coverage where I worked, I would switch back in a hear beat!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Verizonsuks2, upgrading is always fun and the last thing we want is for you not to be able to upgrade. We will be pleased to provide you the help you need. Have we opened a ticket for you,  to have the issue resolved? JacobG_VZW

0 Likes
smoses

I also have a pending order and have been on a chat session for 6 hours now.  I upgraded my plan yesterday to Play More Unlimited and now I can't add Disney+ because 

You have a pending order, please check back in 15 minutes to make any modifications.

I hope someone responsible reads my chat session.. it's a doozy.  The reps changed my plan, my price, my billing settings, my discounts,  they've so far managed to make a bad customer experience even worse.  The one thing they haven't been able to do is allow me to accept the terms of Disney+ and start enjoying the perks of the package I bought because it comes with Disney+.   I have a help desk ticket open and am now just waiting and looking at AT&T plans.  

smoses

I'm still waiting... and waiting and waiting and wondering if anyone at Verizon knows how their systems work?  Is there anyone competent there?  I upgraded and am now paying for a service that I'm not getting so how much will they refund on my bill?   Verizon, is there anyone there who knows what they're doing?