Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pending orders and upgrades
Bbgray

I have been trying to upgrade my phone and I cannot due to “pending order” I go to my account and it shows no orders at all. When I ask the chat it also tells me I have no pending orders. 

I go try to order through sales and they tell me they can’t process it because of the pending upgrade, which chat says I do not have. Tell me to contact the service number. 

I tried to call the customer service number and can never get any one on the phone was on hold for an hour and no one answered. my work hours are 10-7 so I can’t call when they are open. This should be relatively easy process and it’s the opposite. 

I'm beyond frustrated and seriously looking into canceling my whole account and going with a whole different service provider. This has been the most frustrating experience, this is the second time I have had issues trying to upgrade in a row. The lack of customer service is astonishing. 

0 Likes
Re: Pending orders and upgrades
jwgreenln

Hey Verizon, you've had people complaining about this problem for OVER A YEAR!!!  How can a company of your size and resources not fix this problem for OVER A YEAR? Who in your IT leadership team doesn't seem to care? Honestly, you have an order process that shows an order that's been canceled, while another part of the order process says it's still pending. What...the..****. How do you design a system that screws up such a basic concept as order status? Whatever dummy architected this solution needs to go back to school and re-learn what "eventual consistency" means. "Eventual" doesn't mean indefinitely. And your whole customer-support-to-change-order process needs a serious overhaul, too.

MidnightSVT

Hey @Bbgray

I also feel your frustration with this error. Tried to pre-order a third iPhone 13 Pro this morning (at launch) through the MyVerizon website, after successfully order 2 separate ones on the same account. Got through the "Agreement" section on my line and went to hit "Submit" I got an error message that a problem occurred. I refreshed the webpage and hit submit again and when then given the "You currently have a pending order on this account." 

Was on hold this morning 2.5 hours. Chat was useless. Finally got a rep and he told me that he couldn't see any orders for my line. He then said he could complete the pre-order for me. Welp, guess what...he couldn't as the system gave him the same error. Nothing on my "orders" page and no charges on my account / credit card.

My options were to cancel all orders and start over (again this is now almost 3 hours after pre-orders went live) or I can "wait" for the system to reset and remove the pending order. The real kicker, he had no idea how long the wait would be for the system to reset. 7 day, 15 days, 30 days, he had no clue.

I guess there is some comfort in not being alone in this mess. Total bummer and pretty shocking. Its not like Apple hasn't been updated the iPhone yearly for the past 10 years or anything!!!

danamd89

@MidnightSVT wrote:

Hey @Bbgray

I also feel your frustration with this error. Tried to pre-order a third iPhone 13 Pro this morning (at launch) through the MyVerizon website, after successfully order 2 separate ones on the same account. Got through the "Agreement" section on my line and went to hit "Submit" I got an error message that a problem occurred. I refreshed the webpage and hit submit again and when then given the "You currently have a pending order on this account." 

Was on hold this morning 2.5 hours. Chat was useless. Finally got a rep and he told me that he couldn't see any orders for my line. He then said he could complete the pre-order for me. Welp, guess what...he couldn't as the system gave him the same error. Nothing on my "orders" page and no charges on my account / credit card.

My options were to cancel all orders and start over (again this is now almost 3 hours after pre-orders went live) or I can "wait" for the system to reset and remove the pending order. The real kicker, he had no idea how long the wait would be for the system to reset. 7 day, 15 days, 30 days, he had no clue.

I guess there is some comfort in not being alone in this mess. Total bummer and pretty shocking. Its not like Apple hasn't been updated the iPhone yearly for the past 10 years or anything!!!

I’m having the same exact issue! So frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, danamd89. We are disheartened to hear of the issue you are having with placing another order. We would like to try getting the pending order cleared for you, and we have sent you a Private Note to get started. Please reply to the Private Note.  *Cassie

0 Likes
MidnightSVT

@vzw_customer_support 

Cassie - what the rest of us?

danamd89

@MidnightSVT 

Dont worry... i clicked on the link and nobody ever responded. Waited over an hour

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to ensure you get the assistance you need, ASAP, danamd89. We have not received a Private Note back from you. Could you please send us a Private Note, or message us through Facebook (private Message) or Twitter (DM) for assistance with your order concerns? We are available through Facebook and Twitter 24/7 and always happy to help through any platform.  *Cheyenne

0 Likes
Gritz1967

Same issue here - I've now spend 10+ hours trying to get our new apple watch activated on a new line for my daughters christmas present.  I've talked to 7 people in verizon phone support, 1 from apple support, 1 at the apple store ( i even bought a new apple watch thinking it was a hardware issue, but it still wouldnt activate with a cell plan), and I've worked with 2 people in a verizon store.  Currently they are telling me the activation is blocked by a pending order, but there is no way to cancel it and i dont see any pending orders in my verizon.  The "pending order" was due to a verizon support person ordering a SIM card for the apple watch which doesnt even take a SIM card.  I've been a verizon customer for over 20 years and I'm now at the brink of bailing on them entirely....sooo maddening! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Gritz1967, we regret to learn of the issue with trying to activate the Apple Watch. A pending order will clear once it has processed. For example, if a plan change is scheduled, the order comes out of pending status on the date of the plan change. If phones or accessories are ordered, the order clears from pending status on the date of delivery. You advised that the pending order we advised of was for a SIM card order. Can you advise if the SIM card has shipped?

-Genesis

0 Likes