Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phone Constantly searching for service
Murphy1205

Problem started last week or so. All phones (3) and jet packs (2) continually search for a signal or always dropping LTE. With the phone sitting in the same location you can watch the phone go from 2-3 bars LTE to 1x to 3G back to 1x. Possibly never goes back to LTE unless you turn on air plane or reboot the phone.

This morning jet pack was unable to pick up a signal. Moved around house and rebooted multiple times and finally got signal.

Something has changed!! This is the same issues we had with T-Mobile and the reason we switched to Verizon after being with Tmobile for 18+ years. 

I really hope you figure this out.

0 Likes
Re: Phone Constantly searching for service
Murphy1205

Location is 66021. Just north of 56Hwy and 33Hwy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Seeing such jumps in service would have me concerned as well, Murphy1205! We want to make sure you have a consistent network to rely on. Let's take a closer look. Do you experience the signal issues both indoors and outdoors? Does a regular signal resume on your devices when you leave the area? In the last week or so, have you had any major changes in your area, such as heavy construction or substantial storms?

NicoleR_VZW

0 Likes
Murphy1205

There was a storm a while back.

We work from home an rely on our cell phones and jet packs.

The signal inconsistency is same outside/inside.

Signal seems stable when we are in town.

All 3 iphones plus 2 jet packs show the signal instability.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Murphy1205

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your service. I know how I depend on my phone for just about everything. I'm more than happy to take a deeper look into this to see if we can pinpoint what's going on, this way it can be resolved quickly. 

May I have the nearest intersection, city, and state, so I can accurately pinpoint your location?

When you say the signal is the same inside and out are you referring to the immediate area around your home?

0 Likes