Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phone bill question -Taxes and gov fees
MichiganPhoneUser

Hi All, wondering if anyone has any feedback.

I have 5 lines on my account. 

4/5 phones have these charges 

MI State 911 Charge $0.25
MI State Use Tax $0.31

1/5 phone have these charges 

Gratiot Cnty 911 Charge $3.00
MI State Use Tax $0.31

Does anyone know why the 1 phone would have a extra 3 charge every month that the other phones do not? And if it matters I do not live in or near Gratiot Cnty

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Phone bill question -Taxes and gov fees
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

@MichiganPhoneUser wrote:

"Was the phone associated with the line with Gratiot City purchased or originally opened in that city? " Nope, I've actually never been to that area ever. 

Regarding service address, I'm not sure how to check that per line but the address on the 1st page of my bill is correct and as stated above, not in Gratiot County.

That is the billing address. It can be different from the service address. You can verify or change the Service Address in your MyVerizon account online. It should be under the Account option called Profile Settings. https://www.verizon.com/support/change-bill-address-faqs/

Is it possible the phone exchange number (the middle three digits after the area code) is associated with the Gratiot City? You will need to use a web search to verify this. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Hi All, wondering if anyone has any feedback.

I have 5 lines on my account. 

4/5 phones have these charges 

MI State Use Tax $0.31

1/5 phone have these charges 

Gratiot Cnty 911 Charge $3.00
MI State Use Tax $0.31

Does anyone know why the 1 phone would have a extra 3 charge every month that the other phones do not? And if it matters I do not live in or near Gratiot Cnty

Was the phone associated with the line with Gratiot City purchased or originally opened in that city? Is the service address for that line saved as Gratiot City? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MichiganPhoneUser

"Was the phone associated with the line with Gratiot City purchased or originally opened in that city? " Nope, I've actually never been to that area ever. 

Regarding service address, I'm not sure how to check that per line but the address on the 1st page of my bill is correct and as stated above, not in Gratiot County.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

That is the billing address. It can be different from the service address. You can verify or change the Service Address in your MyVerizon account online. It should be under the Account option called Profile Settings. https://www.verizon.com/support/change-bill-address-faqs/

Is it possible the phone exchange number (the middle three digits after the area code) is associated with the Gratiot City? You will need to use a web search to verify this. 

0 Likes
MichiganPhoneUser

Ah perfect, you are correct the service address is incorrect and therefore has been for over 2 years. Not sure how that was setup wrong. Thank you for the help. 

0 Likes