Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Phone number is associated with someone else's name
mumcallister

In the last few years or so, when I call someone it shows the wrong name for the caller ID. This name is also associated with my phone number at store check outs, etc. I receive calls and texts for this person. I changed the name in my Verizon account a few times and this person keeps showing up.  How can I remove them for good? I've had this phone number assigned to me since 2000.

Re: Phone number is associated with someone else's name
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Mumcallister, we know that your friends and family want to know that it is you calling and are sorry to hear that you are experiencing a repeat issue. When you say that you have gone in and changed this on My Verizon, exactly what steps are you taking? To enroll in Share Name ID where you may change the name displayed, please follow the steps listed under number 4 at http://spr.ly/6604GEqmM. LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
mumcallister

I reset my shared name ID 3 times. Did a reset with the tech department and finally called the tech department back who reassigned my phone number back to me. We will see if this works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Mumcallister, it sounds like you've taken all the right steps. Please be sure to let us know if additional assistance is needed. TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
sargoj

I've just did a search on Go Butler and someone else's name is associated with my phone.  I've had this number since my first cell phone.  In the past i do get calls asking for "Frank".  Please advise, how i can get this corrected?  Thanks 

kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are always here to help you! We are more than happy to assist you further. Please send us a Private Message for further assistance. *Emina

0 Likes