Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Phone on payment plan was stolen. How do I replace it without losing promo credits?
VerizonVeteran20Years

My iPhone 12 was stolen. The phone is on a monthly device payment plan that includes monthly promotional credits (10 remaining) from trading in an iPhone 8.

I would like to buy an iPhone 14 at retail price (no device payment plan) to replace the iPhone 12 and activate it on the same line. However, when I try to do this online, it says I have to first pay off the remaining balance of my iPhone 12. If I understand correctly, paying off the iPhone 12 means that I would forfeit the 10 remaining monthly promotional credits.

How do I buy a replacement for my stolen phone and activate it on my line without losing my remaining monthly promotional credits? I did not have insurance on the iPhone 12.

0 Likes
Re: Phone on payment plan was stolen. How do I replace it without losing promo credits?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi there. I am so sorry your phone was stolen. If you have insurance you would file a claim to have it replaced after paying the deductible. If not you can pay in full for a new phone if you want to continue the payment plan on the 12, so you can get the remaining credits. If you want to finance the 14 you would lose any future credits, and be required to pay the pay off balance on the 12 first. 

*Heather

0 Likes
Re: Phone on payment plan was stolen. How do I replace it without losing promo credits?
VerizonVeteran20Years

Thank you. I did not have insurance. I am trying to do your suggestion here:

If not you can pay in full for a new phone if you want to continue the payment plan on the 12, so you can get the remaining credits.

However, can you specifically explain how to do this on the Verizon website? When I add the replacement phone (iPhone 14) to my cart (and specify that I want to pay for the phone in full right now), it gives me two options: (1) add a new line or (2) upgrade existing line. Neither of these seem to apply to me. I obviously don't want to add a new line. When I click upgrade existing line, it says I have to pay off the iPhone 12 first.

I just want to buy the iPhone 14 in full and activate it on my existing line, while continuing to make monthly payments on the stolen iPhone 12 (with the promo credits). Help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It is still considered an Upgrade, but it should give the option to pay full retail, instead of financing over 36 months.

*Heather

0 Likes
VerizonVeteran20Years

Unfortunately it does not give that option. I specifically selected "full retail price" for the iPhone 14 and "upgrade existing line." It then presents me with a screen that says I have to pay off my iPhone 12's remaining balance. Help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You may have to have us do the order for you if you cannot get it to allow you to pay for this phone and not the 12. I am going to send a Private Message. I do apologize, I thought we was already in a Private Chat, but we are not.

*Heather

0 Likes