Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.
Pin number
MCTISKILWA

Why do I have to get a pin number emailed to me, every time I sign into Verizon? Verizon updated the software on my  internet jetpack, so you can no longer get usage by just pressing usage. Now you must sign into My Verizon to get your usage. I can no longer just sign in, instead every time I sign in, I must get a pin emailed or texted to me, in order to sign in. It seems as if they don't want me to keep track of my usage. So close to dumping Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pin number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would never want you to consider leaving us, MCTISKILWA. The reason we ask for this information is strictly to protect the security of your account. Have you tried monitoring your jetpack usage through the My Verizon app, or My Verizon website?

0 Likes
MCTISKILWA

The app quit working the same time the My Verizon web site started requiring a pin. Per your response, have I tried MY Verizon website, that is what this email was about. Reread question.

glitchedpixel

Why aren't you remembering your pin? It's not Verizon's fault you lose track of it. The only time you have to get one sent is if you don't remember. Otherwise you just sign in with the same pin.

0 Likes
MCTISKILWA

I know my pin number, which is a 4 digit number. However it requires me to get a new code, 6 digit, each day that I sign in. Don't respond to this e-mail, I am tired of this.

0 Likes
jav6

There have been numerous discussions of this issue in the past (not sure if there were any resolutions).  For some reason, when logging in, the system doesn't recognize the device your using (IP, MAC ID or some other identifier) and is doing an authentification request via PIN/email.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
KCC35

I have also been experiencing this constant required pin for log in, even on numerous “trusted” devices.  On Monday night, everything worked as usual.  On Tuesday morning, the pin request is back at every log in, no matter which device.  I called Tuesday.  There was no change on Wednesday, so I called back.  Perhaps if everyone would have a moment to call, they would fix it like they did before Christmas.  My two phone calls might not get the “job done.”  I explained to them after entering a number with a matching password and answering a secret question, I don’t see a need for yet an additional 6 digit pin every time.  in addition, if we are logging on using a computer or another electronic device, perhaps it’s because we can’t be using our phones at that time, so sending a text isn’t the appropriate way to go about it.  I understand a certain level of security, but this is ridiculous. This problem coupled with the web messages not working correctly is about to send me to another provider (after being a loyal customer for 20 years). So, Verizon family, will you please also call so we can get this fixed?

0 Likes
boringusername

MCTISKILWA wrote:

Why do I have to get a pin number emailed to me, every time I sign into Verizon? Verizon updated the software on my internet jetpack, so you can no longer get usage by just pressing usage. Now you must sign into My Verizon to get your usage. I can no longer just sign in, instead every time I sign in, I must get a pin emailed or texted to me, in order to sign in. It seems as if they don't want me to keep track of my usage. So close to dumping Verizon.

Go with t-mobile I hear they are pretty lax on security. Just don't be shocked when your account is hi-jacked and thousands of $$$a re run up on it.

also pin number? So....

Personal Identification Number Number. Do you use your PIN number at the ATM machine too?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

KCC35, it's great that you've been with us for twenty years. It would be disheartening to see you leave the family over something like this. I want to help explore this issue with you and see what's going on. The first thing I would like to clarify is when are you being required to receive a secure code? Has it been when you've tried logging into My Verizon from a computer or when trying to use the My Verizon App? How many devices have you been trying to sign in to My Verizon from?

JohnT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KCC35

Verizon employee:  as of Wednesday morning, May 1, this issue is back again.  I called yesterday, but there has been no rproblem solution as of yet. I have read elsewhere, not on this thread, that others are experiencing the same issue as well, so it is not specifically my account. Some users have broken screens and can not retrieve their 6 digit pin. Can verizon fix this soon? In the past it has taken a week or so. I feel like there should be a quicker resolution, and a permanent one to insure this doesn’t happen anymore. After typing in a password with the correct username AND the answer to a secret question, a third PIN code seems unnecessary. In the past, this issue has to be sent in to a Tier 2 employee. I’ve tried to log in on an iPad, a chromebook, and a desktop computer-all could be used without the PIN on Tuesday evening, and then suddenly on Wednesday, back to requiring a PIN. Please make the PIN go away. 

0 Likes