Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pity Verizon system cannot estimate bill ... OR
jangack

I received promo text messages from Verizon for upgrading ($300 discount for each line with new iPhone 11 - WOW! finally I can upgrade my old phones) and confirmed the contents from Verizon webpage (My Devices -> My offers). However, when I tried to purchase 2 phones to upgrade, the Verizon online system estimated the bill completely wrong.

Not only the Verizon online system didn't reflect the promotions at all as it is indicated on the promo message "Discount applied in cart", but also it doubled upgrading fees ($35/line) and tax (about $45/line). It was supposed to be about $160 total for two-line fees and tax, but it included $160 to each line resulting in a total $320 for fee/tax. Which makes the estimated next bill to about $470 just for upgrading two lines, while it should be about $285. I thought if I continue the purchasing process then the system would fix the mistakes at some point before finalizing the purchase. However, the system was only asking to purchase so-called Protective Plans and did not do anything regarding the mistakes until the very last step.

Maybe Verizon would claim that it is just a system glitch, or they would fix the calculation mistakes after completing the purchase/upgrade. However, I was wondering whether other people also had such experiences and so searched with the keyword "estimated bill" from this community site. Surprisingly, it goes back several years. I am wondering why Verizon has not done anything regarding such mistakes for several years with numerous complaints, and hope nobody paid more than they supposed to.

It is a pity that "the most reliable phone carrier" system cannot recognize its own promotion, cannot perform basic calculations, and does not bother to fix such simple things for its customers. Furthermore, it is sad that we do not have any alternative carriers to escape from Verizon. If anyone knows good alternatives, please let me know.

0 Likes
Re: Pity Verizon system cannot estimate bill ... OR
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know how important it is to get the best deal possible. I'm sorry to learn about what happened when you created an order for the offer we gave you, and I'm here to help you. Tell me, when reviewing the promotional details in My Verizon, did you click on the offer to begin the order? Or, did you leave that page and go back to a different screen to start the order? 

0 Likes