Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plan just renewed, data not working
PopoMiaMoja

So I think I ran out of data a couple weeks ago, today was the renewal date. I was waiting all day for it to renew so my service would return from virtually nonexistent to normal. Finally got the text an hour or two ago. However, the service is only slightly better than before. Now it no longer takes 72 hours for emails to load, but it still takes 5 minutes for a Facebook page to load. I am on 5G and my connection was great before, I have 10gb plan. Logged into Verizon account and found I still have 10gb and my plan is successfully renewed.

(Except I can't use that data because it's going extremely slowly like I'm on a 20+ year old dial-up connection. It was so hard to log in to my account too because when I tried to reset my password it demanded I send a "code" that was sent to my phone in the form of a link I had to click on. I eventually managed to type the link in on my laptop after several tries because it would not load at all on my phone, but only had a 2-minute expiration period to click it!)

This is so convoluted and frustrating. I get this runaround every time I have issues with Verizon because they don't really have customer service on their cheaper plans. Thus I'm here.

But I digress! I looked up ways to fix this problem. Restarted my phone multiple times. Reset my network settings. Turned off VPN. Nothing makes any difference! I am basically paying only for a phone connection now as the internet is useless. Might as well switch to a flip phone at this rate. Why is my phone acting like I am still out of data after it just renewed?!

0 Likes
Re: Plan just renewed, data not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, PopoMiaMoja. Yikes! It should definitely not take 5 minutes to load Facebook, let alone 72 hours for emails. We are here to help. To begin, may we ask what ZIP Code you are experiencing issues? 

*Joshua

0 Likes
PopoMiaMoja

So, my internet connection improved a lot the next day, but was still less than normal. However, after a day or so it went back to practically non-existent. My phone number still works, but that's about it. And I discovered that within approximately three days of horrid connection, it somehow ate up 1.8GB out of 10GB of data. So I turned off several main apps from being accessible via data.

At this point I suspect that it's the SIM card going caput, but don't have time to go to a Verizon store. I tried taking it out and putting it back in and that did nothing. The phone recognizes it, though, so I'm not sure.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

If still not working after new Sim card maybe try a reset of the phobe.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I was unable to locate any reported outages here. Does the issue occur in the same location or does it follow you 5-miles or more? We can help isolate the issue in order to find the root cause.

-Bobby Johnson

0 Likes