Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Please help I am running out of options, you placed a forced buyout!!!!!!!!!!!
mikeanpegruger

Verizon has placed my wifes phone into a forced buyout status I have been told many times that it will be taken care of and it isnt. My service has been shut off at least twice and both times I was told it will get fixed. Even the store cant believe it but they are running out of options. My bill went from $235 per month to $1350. I agreed to join Verizon and pay my monthly payments for service and my devices. Verizon is not maintaining their end of the contract. On top of that I am getting late fees and have lost my promotional credit. I was on hold for over and hour yesterday and at the store for an hour. I keep getting told that the form for payment restoration has been filed but it NEVER GETS DONE. Mike. 

0 Likes
Re: Please help I am running out of options, you placed a forced buyout!!!!!!!!!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@mikeanpegruger ,

A Device Payment should never be frustrating, but let's check this out. Why was the line placed in this status to begin with? How long ago did this happen? I ask because there are only a few circumstances where we would be able to do that, and all of them would require an authorized user to be with us at the time. You could also request that status on your own through My Verizon, such as if you were trying to upgrade to a new device payment. If a reinstatement request was made through a specific support channel, then that same channel would be the one to work with - going through multiple channels will only delay a conclusion to the issue.

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Please help I am running out of options, you placed a forced buyout!!!!!!!!!!!
mikeanpegruger

It's been almost 5 months and its still not fixed. I keep getting told that it will be but it hasnt happened, what else can I do? Mike.

0 Likes
glitchedpixel

Device payments don't just go into buyout status -- reps don't have that ability anymore and haven't for a good while.

The only way for forced buyouts to occure is by customer request via supervisor or lack of payment causing a loan to default. 5 months is way too long to get the device payment to be wrapped back up into monthly payments. If your credit is good, I suggest a loan to take care of this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I can't apologize enough for the inconvenience mikeanpegruger. We never want you to feel frustrated. 5 months is far too long for this to go on. I know we can get this fixed. The next steps will involve accessing your account. To do this, I need to contact you via phone. I have sent you a Private Message to continue.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes