Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poor Customer Service for many reasons
BertaB65

First the Verizon website is HORRIBLE for customer to use and process their own activations. I was in the market for purchasing a new phone and of course I am onto Verizon.com as I am a Verizon customer for 11yrs (est. 2009). and sometimes i've comapinied for small things but nothing too serious or stressful. Up until recently. First Verizon wanted to give me $25.00 trade-in value for my fairly new, iPhone 6s. Understandably its from 2015, but its in a Good Condition. So, I decided to check out Apple.com for the trade-in price of my iPhone 6s. Apple thankfully, wanted $80.00 for my used 6s. So in-turn I ordered the iPhone SE being my new phone. Apple offered for activation from Verizon prior to purchasing and I did not want to pay $40.00 for an activation fee when i can do it myself online. I choose not to, then ordered a FREE SIM card form Verizon. The iphone had free 2-day shipping as well and the SIM card. Once I had both items (iphone and sim card) I proceeded to go onto Verizon.com to self activate my new device and SERVICE. Apparently after 30 mins of attempting a message of "can not connect to servers" kept coming up. Started a chat with a Agent. THE ACTIVATIO PROCESS SHOULD ONLY TAKE 10 OR LESS MINS. THIS TOOK ME 3 HOURS TO GET IT SET UP AND ACTIVATED TO MY SERVICE. THIS WAS A NIGHTMARE. FULL OF STRESS AND ANNYOANCE WITH VERIZON. TO THE POINT WHERE I WAS HONESTLY CONSIDERING SWITCHING PHONE CARRIERS. Hope this doesn't happen to any one else. Stressful to the MAX. Ruined my whole day, wasn't even happy or excited about having a new phone cause the process was so bad.

Re: Poor Customer Service for many reasons
Tigerstep

Server message is on Apple's end -- this can happen on any carrier. iPhones can be a pain activating because of it.

For future reference, iPhone 6 series on up all take nano sized sim cards. Quickest way to activate is power your phones off then swap your old sim to the new device. 

0 Likes
akwill25

And for a phone which was lost, stolen, or dropped overboard? Post a reward, call the police, or dive in to retrieve the wayward SIM...?

0 Likes
cathyand80

Verizon needs to train tech support to know all phases of Apple devices and all device manufacturers otherwise they need to outsource experienced techs to help customers  with phone issues as so many times I try to get help on a security issue due to what I believe is my apple iPhone was not activated from apple device enrollment servers so that is why I can not get on secure portals and url not secure and on and on 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are sorry to know about this experience, we want to make sure you get the help you need. Can you please elaborate on what issues are encountering when using your device?

0 Likes