Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poor Customer Service in store
mukroc1

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I can't find any way to directly email Verizon.   

I am writing regarding an issue that my father-in-law had at your store in West Lebanon, NH.  First, some background information.  My father-in-law, who is 88 years old, and not very tech savvy, purchased a refurbished iPhone from this store about a year ago.  He previously had a trac phone that would no longer work because it was 3G.  At that time, the person at the store was very helpful in getting the trac phone service set up on his iPhone. 

About 10 days ago, his phone stopped working.  He brought it back to this store to see if it could be fixed.  He spoke with Ron Tricca.  Ron first told him that he must have bought the phone somewhere else, because they don’t sell refurbished phones, and also that trac phone service doesn’t work on an iPhone.  When he told him that he most definitely bought the phone there, and it was currently using the trac phone service, Ron basically told him that he was wrong.

He then looked at the iPhone and told my father-in-law that the phone was dead and would be impossible to fix.  He then tried to sell him a new iPhone with Verizon service for approximately $75 a month.  Luckily, my father-in-law didn’t do this and told Ron that he wanted me to take a look at the phone first.

The other day he gave me the phone, and when I turned it on, it was displaying “this phone has been deactivated”.  I ended up connecting it to my laptop, and all I had to do was perform a full restore of the phone and software.  The phone is now working fine. 

Needless to say, I am a little upset that it appears that my father-in-law was being taken advantage of because of his age.  I should also point out that I have called the store and asked to speak to the manager, and have yet to receive a phone call back.  I have been a customer of Verizon for well over 20 years, and I’m going to think long and hard about continuing with your company in the future. Thank you for listening. 

0 Likes
Re: Poor Customer Service in store
Doggo
Novice

Stores aren't customer service, they are sales. Verizon stores don't sell Tracfone services either. It would be either Verizon postpaid or Verizon prepaid, they don't even sell their own Verizon owned Visible service in store.

Tracfone is a MVNO which you'd sign for at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target etc.

0 Likes
mukroc1

I didn't say he got the trac phone service through verizon.  He had it on a previous phone and the sales rep transferred it to the iphone.  And if you are a sales rep, you should also have good customer service skills.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mukroc1, we value your 20+ years of loyalty and we are sorry to hear about the overall experience your father-in-law has encountered. Having a working device is always important and we want to make sure you receive top-notch support at all times. Let's gather some details. May we have the address of the store location he had visited for review? 

0 Likes
mukroc1

267 PLAINFIELD RD, WEST LEBANON, NH, 03784

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for providing this information, mukroc1. We have submitted feedback to ensure this in store interaction is reviewed and handled by our internal team. 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
mukroc1

Is there any update on this??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We greatly appreciate you reaching back out to us for an update. We have no new details as this has not yet been updated. Thank you for your time. *Cecile

0 Likes
mukroc1

I have yet to receive a response to this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for following up with us. Please meet us in a private message so that we may help address your concerns *Estevan

0 Likes