Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poor service at retail location
djmusk

Today I tried to upgrade my phone at the Verizon store in Elizabethtown Kentucky. When I went in at 4:30 PM I was told that there was a two hour wait time and that I would be put into the wait queue. I gave the agent my number and received a text that said "Free Verizon Msg: You've been added to the queue, there are 14 people ahead of you. We'll let you know when there is 1 person ahead of you." I went shopping at another store, went to dinner and returned at 6:15 PM thinking I would probably be seen soon. The doors were locked so I waited for a few minutes and the agent that I had spoken to before came to the door to let a customer out. She told me they were no longer taking new customers and I said I had already been in and was waiting for a text for my turn. She then said that the store closed at 7:00 and they already had customers that would keep them until 9:00 and that was not fair to the agents. I asked why I was told I'd be put into the queue if I could not see someone and she told me they did not have appointments and I could not come in. At that point it seemed fruitless to continue to argue so I left. I ordered my products online tonight. It does not seem like a good policy to tell someone they can be seen in two hours, to be put into a queue and receive a confirmation text, come back in just under two hours and told to go away without a real explanation or at least an apology of some sort.

0 Likes