Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ported out number, Service cancelled or no? HELP
m--ha11

This is kind of late to ask, but earlier this month, I've ported out my number successfully. How do I make sure if my Verizon service is cancelled? I know that I got a bill for this month, even though I've ported out my number, but that's fine with me. I know that should be my last bill. However, I see that I can still login to my Verizon online account. Can someone from customer service help me? I do not have time to call and live chat says it's always busy (there is also no customer service email!). I just need someone to confirm if my service is cancelled, and if there is any way to delete my online account, that has sensitive information on there without any purpose due to my change in service.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Ported out number, Service cancelled or no? HELP
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The service is canceled when you port it to another carrier. When you port out or cancel the line, the cancelation is effective on the last day of the current billing cycle. If you happen to port your line on the 18th and your billing cycle runs from the 17th to the 16th of the month, you will be charged for the entire billing period. You are still responsible for those charges.

For future reference, because the cancelation is effective at the end of the billing cycle, it is often recommended that you port your line towards the end of the billing cycle like during the last week of the billing cycle. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The service is canceled when you port it to another carrier. When you port out or cancel the line, the cancelation is effective on the last day of the current billing cycle. If you happen to port your line on the 18th and your billing cycle runs from the 17th to the 16th of the month, you will be charged for the entire billing period. You are still responsible for those charges.

For future reference, because the cancelation is effective at the end of the billing cycle, it is often recommended that you port your line towards the end of the billing cycle like during the last week of the billing cycle. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good afternoon! I'm sorry to learn you canceled your service with us. Why did you leave? 

To confirm, if your line was ported successfully, it will be completely disconnected at the end of that current bill cycle. However, if you're seeing it is still active, it's important to know if you had any other line. Whether it be a Watch, Tablet, Hotspot, etc. If so, and the other line is not successfully disconnected, this can also be why you're seeing the account still active. 

Please try logging into your account, to ensure you only had one line, and confirm your bill cycle date, and keep us posted. 

Thank you,

VanessaS_VZW 

0 Likes
m--ha11

I only have one line. My bill cycle date is on the 20th of each month. It says I have an "estimate" for next month's bill. I don't know if this is a website error. Also, how should I still be able to login to my account when my service is cancelled, or is that a normal occurrence?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

m--ha11, we understand your confusion. Let's clear this up. You will currently have limited access to your My Verizon account until the end of your bill cycle (20th). When you Port out your phone number your number will be placed in a Suspended status until the line completes the Port and fully disconnects at the end of your Bill cycle. Once this Bill cycle closes you will no longer have access to your online account. 

0 Likes