Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Porting Lines and transferring devices from Verizon
MissUnhappy

I have both a phone line and a jetpak line for hotspot with Verizon.  Both devices are fully paid off and both lines are portable.  I'm ready to find a new service for my new year!  I know that my Verizon jetpak will be useless with a new service provider.  Is this the same with my phone that it may not be compatible with another provider?  I'd prefer not to purchase a device for phone initially at the time I transfer service.  My intent will be to pay for a hotspot device, first and then pay for a new phone later.  If I will have to buy new devices for both phone and jetpak, then I will hop onto it and  try to find something during the holiday specials and transfer now --

0 Likes
Re: Porting Lines and transferring devices from Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MissUnhappy, we value your loyalty and we never want to see you go. Allow us the opportunity to keep you as a loyal customer. Why are you looking to leave?

If you are looking to use your current devices with a different provider, you need need to check with that provider to see if your devices are compatible with their network. 

0 Likes
of Re: Porting Lines and transferring devices from Verizon
MissUnhappy

I've been with Verizon for many years and had great customer service over those years.  my jetpack line has a data limit, which I understand.  I'd learned to live with the reduced speeds and buy up when necessary during my bill cycle.  This month, I experienced not slow speed but virtually no speed (no page loads) after exceeding my data limit.  Following 2 days down of not being able to virtually work from home,  I need to find a solution or face the unemployment line.  The last conversation with customer care, the Verizon agent basically left me with the problem is down to me.  I've spent the last couple of days scrambling to find a temporary solution.  I need to find myself a permanent one.  I'm sad to go but I need to connect with secure, fast service that I can can rely on otherwise, I will find myself out of a job.   

0 Likes
Re: of Porting Lines and transferring devices from Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to find a permanent solution as well, MissUnhappy. In order to better assist, I would like to learn more about your previous experiences. Do you happen to know if any other Verizon Wireless devices were experiencing similar issues? Has your usage changed recently or would you consider it to be average for the past month? Looking forward to hearing back. -ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes