Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prepaid customers are treated like trash
stephdeather

I was one of the first prepaid customers with Verizon.  I was also one of the first prepaid family plan customers with Verizon.  I was very excited that I was getting some amazing deals, great customer service and all the main features of Verizon service.  Now, prepaid customers are treated like they are completely worthless and unwanted by Verizon.  My access to call records- gone.  My account features- gone.  The online portal I had through the Verizon website- locked,-go to the trashy prepaid portal where "you can take a screenshot" of information, if it's even there.  Verizon messed up the pooch and my Verizon Cloud data is gone (deleted, not by me) - oh well, you are just a prepaid customer, too bad you lost your important data that you needed for court... hire an attorney and make us give it to you, you aren't a valued customer like our post paid customers... hey we can give you all the records you are asking for if you migrate over to postpaid!!!!!

Yeah.  So if I change my account to post paid, suddenly you can give me the records that you are now claiming I am not entitled to?  Try to explain that one away,  It was said via chat by a rep.  named Sue and I took a screenshot of it.

0 Likes
Re: Prepaid customers are treated like trash
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, stephdeather. We never want you to feel like you are not valued because you have a Prepaid account with us. As a Verizon customer you are appreciated, no matter what type of account you have. Our Prepaid service is discounted due to the simplicity of the services that are offered in that billing system. On My Verizon you should have 45 days of call, text, and data usage to view. Let us know if this is not the case, as we want to make sure you do have access to those records. Additionally, how long ago did you lose your Verizon Cloud data, and are you still able to log in to the Verizon Cloud? 

CassieG_VZW

0 Likes
stephdeather

The problem is I need records older than 45 days, I need the ability to print the records, and I need my Verizon Cloud data restored.  My Cloud data disappeared within the last 30 days.  And no, it's not "simplicity", It's fundamental disregard and a double standard that post paid customers are allowed to access and print their own records for up to 18 months and prepaid is just out of luck after 45 days. A print or download button is simple; "take a screenshot" of 185 pages (that print as 3 pages each) is NOT simple.

0 Likes
stephdeather

I mean, SERIOUSLY, I pay for an additional service, Verizon Cloud, every month so I can have the same access to my own records that other customers have standard.  Verizon messed up up.  My call history and text records are gone.  And Verizon won't make it right, because I'm just a prepaid customer.  I pay for a service, Verizon screws up and it doesn't matter because I am obviously NOT a valued customer.  I won't be a customer at all as soon as my Attorney gets these records.  Verizon should have to reimburse my attorney's fees for insisting that I hire an attorney to fix the problem Verizon has created.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

The reason why Postpaid accounts have call records available for 18 months, is because they receive billing statements that are then recorded at the end of the billing cycle. Depending on the billing system, call records will be kept for specified time periods. To get your call records from a time period prior to 45 days ago, you would need to have a lawyer contact our legal department as the records are not printable or sharable in the main billing system for Customer Service. We may be able to help get the records you need from your cellphone. What is the make and model of your device? 

CassieG_VZW

Tags (1)
0 Likes
stephdeather

I notice how you conveniently side stepped the fact that my Verizon Cloud is NOT part of prepaid services and Verizon is responsible for the lost data.

Moto E5

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely want to get into the issue with your Verizon Cloud storage, too. As this will require accessing the account, I will send a Private Note, so we can continue.

-NoahS_VZW

Tags (1)
0 Likes
stephdeather

LOLOLOL! So, it's just magic that if I migrate to post paid all of the records I need would just suddenly be available!! Amazing that your "billing system" could retroactively reset itself and make that information available.  Nice try, but nope.

0 Likes
stephdeather

I am still waiting for the assistance that you claim you want to offer.

0 Likes