Eight months ago I purchased a new Galaxy S22+ from a Verizon Store and was offered a Trade-in promotion deal on my old Galaxy S9. Verizon gave me a shipping box and UPS label. Nine days later, I shipped the old phone and received a UPS receipt and tracking number. After another twelve days, there was no progress showing on "Trade Status" on my account web site. Using my UPS Tracking Number, I obtained a "UPS Ground Proof of Delivery" document which confirmed delivery day, time and location of my package.
Over the last SEVEN MONTHS I have had NINE customer service conversations: (abbreviated list)
1. Wait another week and the "Trade Status" will update.
2. Verizon is having "system errors" and trade-in credit will show on next bill.
3. The trade-in phone was received but it was late. Give Verizon 3-4 days to fix. Call back.
4. Can't find the phone. Instigated a "Lost Return Ticket". Call back.
5. Agrees Verizon has the trade-in phone based on UPS documents. Promotion credits will be included on a new "reconstructed bill". Call back.
6. Agrees Verizon has trade-in phone based on UPS documents. Customer service agent with manager writes a new ticket to re-apply trade-in device promotion.
7. Agent confirms that successfully re-applied the promotion and credits will show on the next bill.
8. Agent advised the "Promotion Correction Dept." was working on the ticket. Agent submitted a followup "investigation ticket". Wait 1-2 weeks.
9. Agent says that the "Promotion Correction Dept." has closed the ticket and denied the request. They say they have not received the phone so I am not eligible for the promotion!!! Agent agreed to make the case to her Manager and will call me back. No call yet.
HOW DO I ESCALATE THIS PROBLEM TO A HIGHER LEVEL OF CUSTOMER SERVICE?
Hi! Thank you for reaching out to us. Please follow and Private Message us, so we can further assist you with your concern. *Mabell