Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Problem with discount validation
REBL96

I received an email that I needed to validate my discount - this was done previously in Jan of 2020 - I logged into the app and did so directly, specifying email validation, using the same one previously remembered by Verizon.  I did receive the validation message at my work email, that part is fine. However when I click on the link to confirm validation I get a message on the verizon website confirmation page saying We're sorry - the link from your email has expired or has already been used. 

I've tried this several times with the same results. I'm attempting to confirm within minutes of starting the process so it is well within the 72 hours given.

Any ideas?

Re: Problem with discount validation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, REBL96. I know that getting all the discounts on your wireless account is important. Have you attempted to clear your history, cookies, and cache on the computer and re-try the link that was sent? KevinR_VZW 

0 Likes
BrandonHW

I have the same problem. I think it has to do with safelinks, which is a screening mechanism used by outlook.com/Office 365. I haven't been able to validate using the link provided. It would be better if they could just send a code or something that I could manually enter.

0 Likes
BrandonHW

Just confirmed what was causing my problem. I was able to work around the issue by forwarding the email to my personal account before clicking the link. This prevented the link from expiring before I could use it.

Jroling

I just turned off safe links and still had the same problem.  Very frustrating.

crystalized17

I'm currently having this problem too. My browser is clean. I've tried forwarding the email from my work email (outlook) to gmail and that still didn't help. I'm using my home internet, so there is no firewall or anything in the way.

crystalized17

oh joy, I also tried the "submit a paystub" method since their verify email method DOES NOT work.

This is what I get when I try to upload a paystub to Verizon: 

"We are experiencing a problem while connecting you to the server. Please try again after some time."

They have made it completely impossible to renew or verify your employee discount! Cheers! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Crystalized17, we do want to make sure that your employee discount is able to get validated. I see that you stated that you have cleared the browser. Have you tried to use a different web browser? Have you tried to re-validate the employee discount through incognito mode on the browser to see if that will work https://www.verizon.com/discounts/

-Kevin

0 Likes
crystalized17

I was finally able to submit by paystub a week ago and status is still "pending". How long does it take for them to validate this? 

It would be nice if you would fix your email validate link system so I could do it instantly by work email instead of waiting forever using this paystub method.

Using a validate code instead of a validate link in the email would likely fix whatever is wrong, whether your links are junk or being blocked by something. Since I forwarded my outlook email to gmail on my home network and opened the link there, there's literally nothing blocking it. It's just your junk system.

Willd415

used incognito mode to paste the link into and it worked fine. would be nice for you guys to fix this   so we can just click the link and not have to search what the issue is