Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Problem with website upgrade quotes
richardtc17

This morning wife and I decided to upgrade our Android phones and give the iPhone a try. Our plan was to buy two iPhone 13 phones and trade in our OnePlus 6T and Pixel 3XL. I received quotes for both. The images are posted below.2022-04-15 10_38_50-Apple iPhone 13 Now in Green - Buy Today _ Verizon.png2022-04-15 10_32_08-Apple iPhone 13 Now in Green - Buy Today _ Verizon.png

We do have an eligible plan.

When I got into the cart checkout process the price per month was over $12 per month. I went through a number of chat sessions trying to find out why I couldn't get the quoted price. I was repeatedly told that was not the the price they "calculated". Finally someone came up with a $2 and something cents per phone. 

I know that is really not that much, but it is a whole lot more than $0.27. Up until now we have appreciated the good Verizon service as we have both wireless and Internet services. I have never been in a store that mismarked a price but failed to honor it. Heck, we bought a travel trailer that increased their prices, but honored the price quoted when we first started talking to them and that was a couple of thousand dollars!

Has anyone ever had this kind of challenge with Verizon? Any suggestions as to what to do? It seems like they leave quality control up to potential customers when it come to website price calculations and have a inability to admit a mistake.

Thanks for any assistance!

RTC

0 Likes
Re: Problem with website upgrade quotes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@richardtc17 ,

Moving from an Android to an Apple phone can be a big change. The section you shared is not the final trade value of your phones, as you would still need to confirm your data plan and if the purchase is an upgrade or a new line. A OnePlus 6T would have an expected trade value up to $350 when upgrading with any unlimited data plan, just like a Google Pixel 3 XL. This can be confirmed when clicking on the "upgrade existing line" tab, then clicking on "see details" under the trade promotion: https://www.verizon.com/smartphones/apple-iphone-13/

-Russell

0 Likes
richardtc17

I followed the procedure your suggest, I get the same quote of $0.27 per month.2022-04-15 10_32_08-Apple iPhone 13 Now in Green - Buy Today _ Verizon.png

Why won't Verizon honor this? This couldn't be more straightforward.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We do have a promotion where you can receive $350 when upgrading to an iPhone 13 series on device payment, on an eligible plan & trading in a One Plus 6T or Google Pixel 3 XL per line. Which iPhone 13 model & storage size are you interested in going with? When attempting to complete your purchase are you signed into your My Verizon account? 

-Kia

0 Likes