Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Problems with purchasing phone from Best Buy Been marked as fraud
mdevans915

I have recently purchased a phone in full out of pocket  from Best Buy I went through the credit check and all was good. When I got it I was able to add it to my prepaid account. It went smoothly so I decided to purchase another phone for my wife. Everything checked out and the order was on its way. I had to cancel the order because bestbuy placed it on hold and they didn’t know when they would be able to fill the order. So I decided to try to purchase and ran into roadblocks. When I try to run the back ground check it said it was denied and to contact verizon or go to a bestbuy store. I went to the store and they called Verizon and stated that the fraud department placed a fraud alert or something on my information. I called the fraud department who stated that there was no issue but I continue to run into these issues. All I want to do is purchase this phone for my wife. Why am I hitting these roadblocks and how can I get this fixed so I can purchase this phone for my wife?????? 

0 Likes
Re: Problems with purchasing phone from Best Buy Been marked as fraud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, mdevans915. We want to make sure you are able to purchase the device for your wife, and we want to help. Since we have confirmed there are no issues on our end, we recommend working with the Best Buy location, to see what's preventing you from placing the order. CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes