Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Promo Credit still not applied to my account.
credits

Hello

I would love help to find the proper person to speak to reading an upgrade credit never received.

I upgraded to a new apple 11 and was offer a loyalty credit of $200.  That was September, I have called 3x. First I was told it takes a few billing cycles.  3rd time they did not see the credit, sent me a confirmation promo was applied and still no credit.

It seems from some posts this is common.  

A Contact would be must appreciated

Thank you

Re: Promo Credit still not applied to my account.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sorry to hear that you haven't received the credit. I've sent you a Private Note so we can help.

JesusG_VZW

0 Likes
landerwr

I have the same issue.  I upgraded under promo to an iPhone 7 for $5/mo.  This was September 2019.  I specifically asked the chat agent about the promo because the device agreement stated $16/mo.  I was told that the promo would be applied at checkout and not to worry.  I was charged the full price for 3 months following my upgrade.  I chatted with another agent on 1/14/20, who agreed they had made a mistake, refunded the difference, and promised to correct the issue.   Surprise, surprise, i get my February bill, and it has no promo applied.  I chatted (because it is literally impossible to actually speak to a human) with Verizon again on 3/26/20 and was told they would look into it.  I received an email later that day stating that my phone did not qualify for the promo.  I am on the chat right now, 4/7/20 with a rep who is not doing anything.  I have been waiting for 30 minutes for a reply.  Now they are telling me that they can't find the chat where their rep promised me the promo and lied to get me to sign the device purchase agreement.  

Verizon lured me into an upgrade promising promotional rates.  I was lied to, and then charged the full amount.  Who would pay $400 for an iPhone 7?!?  Oh, and when i ask for a copy of the chat where the original rep told me i qualified for the promo, i'm told "we can't send you that due to security issues...".  You can't send me a copy of my own conversation with your representative where i was promised a promotion that was not delivered?  This is the final straw for Verizon.  If i don't get it resolved today, I will take my 16 years of service and go somewhere else.  I would trade worse service for a smidge of integrity when dealing with customers....

credits

I finally got a bill credit for $170, not the $200.  Of course, they just had to short change me on their principle.  Credit was not classified for the phone but service credit.

The last person I spoke to told the promo never existed and only a log of  my calls but no detail.   Even when I said I had screenshots of the text verifying the promo was applied. Note the text did not give an amount.

I think I only got the credit as I was insistent and they wanted to get me off the phone. 

Be very aware, make sure information/credits are well documented on any receipts or go into a store and wait for service.  So ironic is was a loyal customer promo and this is how we are treated.

My guess is many people forget about the promo?  I have no idea why they are doing this except bad business practice.  

Best of luck to you.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

So sorry to hear about the confusion of the promo for the iPhone 7, landerwr. We appreciate all that time with us and find this situation unacceptable. It's vital that you get the help you need. You mentioned reaching out to support. Did you get helped? If not, please send a Private Note. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
RICFOX17

Just wondering if you got this issue resolved?  Because I was told when I bought my iphone8 in October of 2019 that a $200 credit would be applied to my device. I was told the device could not be paid off immediately but that it would have to be paid off after at least one billing cycle. I called back in November 2019 and was told that my $200 credit would be expedited to show up by my February 2020 billing cycle and was given 4 extra gig of data for a year (they do this to appease you, and get you adjusted to extra data so you can’t live without it later). Now its April 20, 2020 and I am again on the phone with Verizon rep. trying to resolve issue. Ironically the reps seem to be completely unaware that Verizon even makes these credit offers to customers. Uh its as much a part of their business practices as upgrade offers. Why does a multi-billion dollar company get away with it.

Jeannean

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

RICFOX17, we value your loyalty and we understand the importance of making sure you receive a resolution for your account/promotion concern. We apologize for the length of time it is taking to resolve this matter. Allow us the opportunity to take a closer look at the details. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes