Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Promotional Credit Removed and 3 Verizon Telesales Employees Have Tried to Put it Back
PradaDota

I received a text message on 12/10/20 regarding a loyalty program promotion where you could get a $540 promotional credit for trading in any iPhone above an iPhone 4 for any iPhone 12 version. (The text said get an iPhone 12 mini for $5/per month but I was later told you could take a $540 credit toward any iPhone 12 with the promotion.) I called that night and asked if we would receive 2 credits if we traded in both of our iPhone SE’s for iPhone 12 mini’s. I was told that yes we could do that and keep our current unlimited plan. I checked with my husband that night and he agreed we should go for it. I called on 12/11/20 and made the deal to switch phones. We paid all of the upfront fees and received our new phones in several days. We turned off find my iPhone on both old phones and reset them. Both phones were in excellent condition and functioning perfectly. We packaged them in the return envelope and box provided and sent them right back on 12/16/20. The phones reached Verizon a week later and I received an email a couple days after that that said our phones were received in the expected condition and our promotional credit was approved. I looked at my current and next bills and both looked correct showing all of the promotional credits and Verizon up device credits we used to purchase as well. Two days after that the fun started. We received an email that only stated that one promotional credit had been removed. I checked our next bill and it was in fact gone. I have had one online chat session that lasted 1 hour in which I was finally told I needed to talks to telesales. They were of course closed. The next day I waited on hold for 45 min. To talk to telesales. Was told that I should be receiving the removed credit and that it would need to be escalated to the offline team and that they would email me in a week and get it fixed. I asked Alex for a confirmation number and was told there was an error when she submitted the request so I would just have to take her word for it. I called back and spoke with a different employee who said that the promotional team would need to be notified and since I obviously should have the credit on my account and there was no reason that it should have been removed they would just put the credit back and that they or she would call me in 24 hours to let me know the bill had been fixed. I waited 48 hours and the bill was still not fixed and no one called. I called back and spent another hour on hold to talk to a kind gentleman who filled out all the required paperwork to put the credit back after going through every possible detail of the transaction and declaring that I should definitely be receiving the credit. He said the credit would be put back in 24 hours. It is 48 hours later and still no credit. I have a call back scheduled at 4:30pm today. I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL THIS IS MADE RIGHT. This process has already taken 7 plus hours of my time and no one can find out why the credit was removed or how to put it back. This is an enormous waste of my time and Verizon’s time as well. The current system is broken and costing Verizon big time in customer dissatisfaction and duplicated employee effort. 

Re: Promotional Credit Removed and 3 Verizon Telesales Employees Have Tried to Put it Back
PradaDota

I spoke to another employee and then a manager at my 4:30pm call back. Both were really great. I have high hopes that I really will receive a call tomorrow. After the trade-in team is contacted, I am told that the credit will be manually placed on my account if a way can not be found to make it happen as it should have. I was also reassured that I will never have to call customer service again regarding this issue. Fingers crossed. I will post the resolution in the morning. Or I will start posting about my experience filing a claim with the better business bureau. One way or the other you will hear more from me.

0 Likes
Re: Promotional Credit Removed and 3 Verizon Telesales Employees Have Tried to Put it Back
9wood

Good luck hope it works out

0 Likes
PradaDota

Nobody called, no change to my bill. This is getting really old.

9wood

Common thing with them no call back as promised or anything seems they hope you and others just forget which seems to be what is happening with me also

0 Likes
PradaDota

I called again today and after rambling like a mad woman a kind soul took pity on me and got permission to open the full record of everything I have been through in the past week and a half trying to get this fixed. Between John, his supervisor, and the offline team they found that five employees including a supervisor had all filled out the wrong form to correct my problem. The forms kept getting denied by the offline team because it was the wrong form! When my phone was originally approved for trade in someone in telesales entered it as a regular trade in instead of a promotion.  (Like I have been saying to everyone who would listen for days now.) From there everyone drug their feet and took hours to fill out forms that should take minutes and they were all filling out the wrong form! All five, wasted hours of company time and my time, and did not accomplish the task they set out to do. All five made promises that did not make sense with company policy. Thank god that John is a decent human being and a loyal employee who was honest about the actual time it takes to do these tasks and was able to get access to find out exactly what was going on with my account. The correct form has now been submitted. It took 5 min. It has taken something like nine hours of Verizon’s time and mine to get to this point. Fingers crossed once again. I will follow up and let you all know if I receive a resolution this time. High hopes once again.

0 Likes
PradaDota

Side note: the correct form takes 3-5 days not 24 hours so I will see you in 3-5 days with more information.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

PradaDota, we want to make sure you get the assistance you need with your bill. We are sending you a Private Note now.

0 Likes
PradaDota

I replied with the details of what my bill should look like.

0 Likes
PradaDota

I received a nice call from a Verizon Executive relations representative ensuring me that everything possible was being done to assist me and that he personally was going to look into getting this fixed for me. I explained that I was waiting for a form that was submitted by John to be processed and that it was supposed to take 3-5 days. He said he was going to check on it for me and would get something done in 24-48 hours and get back to me. Now both promotional credits are gone. FML

0 Likes