Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Promotional gift card scam?
atwells

On May 27th 2019, we switched back to Verizon. At that time, eligible new customers received $200 prepaid MasterCard for each line (SpringSwitch), which meant - Yah - we’d receive a total of $600.00 in prepaid MasterCards.

On June 25th I called #Verizon to ask what if anything we needed to do to use our phones in Switzerland where we were going to travel. They reported nothing – we’d simply be charged an access fee of $10.00/day. Then, boom, my service (and my family’s) was cut off on July 16th because my bill was judged to be “atypically high bill” -because of the $130.00 in international access fees. Yup. In addition, my status was also changed from auto-pay to pay-in-cash. Ding! After over two hours of speaking with various Verizon reps, I was able to get service reinstated & my account changed back to auto-pay.

But, on September 3rd I received notice that we're not eligible for the prepaid MasterCards because they messed up up my auto-pay! June, July and August’s bills have all been successfully processed via Auto-pay. Have filed complaint with #FCC.

Re: Promotional gift card scam?
NewOldcustomer

Following  

Did they add travel pass?  It’s not automatic.  It’s an extra $10 per day per line when used.  

I assume Verizon restricts roaming for 60 days on new accounts like At&t.   Trying to confirm as we are under 30 days and don’t want any roaming access on one phone that will travel.   

0 Likes