Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Proof of phone change (Subpoena)
theguppyfish

I'm involved in a lawsuit. The opponent claims they lost their phone which contained a lot of evidence we need.  Does Verizon have account notes or any other records of the phone changing?  If so, what would we specifically ask for within the subpoena?  They would presumably have information about the device IDs(IMEIs) that an account has used.  Is this correct?

0 Likes
Re: Proof of phone change (Subpoena)
theguppyfish

Just to add a little color, we believe the opponent is lying under oath about this.  He is a rich bully that filed the lawsuit trying to force us into a settlement.  He thinks he can get away with anything. So any help proving his lie would be very helpful.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

What good would a subpoena do? He could have erased any info you were looking to get. He could have deleted texts. He could have factory reset the device. etc...

Then again, any info which was on the old phone could ALSO be on the new phone.

0 Likes
theguppyfish

Yes, these are all possibilities, but if I can show that he did not actually lose/replace the phone 18-months ago, then we will prove that he is lying under oath.  Having the actual text message content becomes moot then since the court will instruct the jury to assume the most negative content was within the deleted messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for reaching out to us today. The IMEI or device ID is used to identify the device and for activation purposes. With that information, you can find out what account a device is tied to when it was added or changed. Of course, information is provided only to authorized personnel or when legal action is taken with a subpoena. Does this help? 

RogerZ_VZW

theguppyfish

Thank you, so if I have a phone number of a person, and there is a legal subpoena, will Verizon be able to provide dates, times and IMEIs of devices added or removed from that line?  I'd like the subpoena to be as easy and specific as possible for the VSAT team to respond to.  So any tips on the specific names or fields of data we should be requesting is very helpful.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Theguppyfish, thank you for reaching out to us today. We want to be able to provide you with as many details that we can. However, with this being a legal matter, we would request that you continue working with your lawyer and law enforcement. We would not have any details as to what information you would need to request the subpoena.  KevinR_VZW

0 Likes