Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Quoted one price, charged another.
daproper

Has anyone else had issues with getting a quote from a customer service representative only to have another amount charged to their account?    In May we were quoted $119.00 for a 3 GB More everything plan - only 2 smart phones and one is month to month not contract.  I was assured that our invoice before taxes would be $119.00 (I also get an employer participation discount).  Against my gut I agreed to switch to the More Everything plan - it was supposed to save me $40.00 per month.  Because I was so thrilled with the new plan cost I agreed purchase and add a tablet to our account for an additional $10.00 per month - Hey I'm still saving $30.00 per month so why not.  I'm now being told my monthly invoice will be $158.00, not the $129.00 I was originally quoted.

Also, I have asked that all transcripts be emailed to me, however not one has been delivered to my gmail account. I'm starting to get the feeling that Verizon doesn't want us to have proof of the scams.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Quoted one price, charged another.
Weth
Sr. Leader

DO you have a breakdown of the charges.

IT should be $50 minus your % discount for the 3 GB

$40 for 1 smartphone.

$25 for second smartphone

$10 for tablet

remember first month after change will always be more with partial month and next full month. 

View solution in original post

Weth
Sr. Leader

DO you have a breakdown of the charges.

IT should be $50 minus your % discount for the 3 GB

$40 for 1 smartphone.

$25 for second smartphone

$10 for tablet

remember first month after change will always be more with partial month and next full month. 

rcschnoor
Community Leader
Community Leader

This quote sounds about right.

As Weth stated,

$50 for 3 GB of data

$40 for in contract smartphone

$25 for out of contract smartphone

$10 for tablet

Total = $125 before taxes/fees.

With your employer discount of data, it should be even lower. The employer discount will only come off your data charge. 20% discount would bring your monthly data charge down to $40/month and a monthly bill of $115 before taxes/fees.

Actually, you could even double your data to 6 GB and only pay less than $10 more than you would with only 3 GB of data.

$70 for 6 GB of data

$40 for in contract smartphone

$15 for out of contract smartphone

$10 for tablet

Total = $135 before taxes/fees

With the employer discount at 20% it would bring your monthly bill to $121 before taxes/fees.

Have you gone in and manually added the month to month discount on your out of contract smartphone? This discount will not show up automatically, you have to do it yourself. Additionally, each time I have added this discount I have always gotten a message that it may take 1-2 billing cycles before it shows up on my account. Each time it showed up on my next bill, but I was warned it may take 1-2 billing cycles.

For what it is worth, I AM getting this discount. I am paying $168/month for 4 smartphone lines and 10 GB/month of data. The discounts are there, you just have to make sure you add it.

0 Likes
daproper

Weth - Thanks. How exactly do you add the discounts for out of contract

phones? Their renewal shows they are month to month but I don't see the

credit in the invoice breakdown.

Thanks

Denise

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 10:39 AM, rcschnoor <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Community Leader
Community Leader

The account owner has to sign into their MyVerizon account. Under "Plan Management" click on "My Products & Apps".

There should be an option to add the month to month discount in there. The layout of MyVerizon has changed since I last added a month to month discount, so I am unsure of the exact location. It should be in that section, though.

TJ___

It's not surprising. Verizon took my company discount away 5 months into the contract. The reason? They said the deal I was given was already too good.

0 Likes
ScubaSteveFl

Same here!  Was quoted 1 price and charged another price.Talked to a manager of customer service and refused to accept my quoted price. Have all my chat transcripts and now emailed the President of the Florida region, just waiting to hear back.

0 Likes
mama23dogs

TJ...

Employee, Veterans/military discounts are only given on eligible plans.  If you are on an older, loyalty plan, you are already getting a discount.  If you are on a Mobile share plan with more than one line, you are eligible for employee discount.

You can crunch the numbers to see if you are better off with your current plan or should consider switching.

0 Likes
mama23dogs

ScubaSteveFl

IF you read daproper' post with the solution, it might resolve your price difference as well.

Reps quote on service price based on your plan.  If something is missed, it may be an honest mistake.

if you were promised something that isn't in your contract, it was over ruled by management, because it isn't in your contract.  

IF you need to read your contract or any receipts, you can find them by loggoing in to your My Verizon Account, look in My Documents. 

I had 20 years of receipts in my original account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want you to have all the benefits that come with month-to-moth plan daproper. You can view the discount on your online bill when you expand charges per line. If you are unable to find it still, please click http://vz.to/1AhG2EG and scrill down to "Downloading and Printing Statements" to view the steps to print a more detailed statement. You will see the discount when accessing detailed billing per line.

AdaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes